Today.

beech mount

Sep 1, 2008
Manchester
Hello all,
Today its still to icy to go out(no car) Bright idea,try online shopping at supermarket never tried before,11/2 hours later done,delivery? not for a week due to adverse weather conditions!
Must go out tomorow wife going crazy in the house.
Now will not drink from unfamilier cup, i have to hold it for her,also will not use straw,she is the only person i know that can drink a cup of tea with her arms folded!
Ah well,tomorow is another day, no i do not think it is.
Best wishes to all,John.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
John - having slid my way to work yesterday only to be told to get back home before the weather worsened (and in this little pocket of the West Pennines we have got away so far very lightly snow-wise but not ice-wise) ... it occurred how on earth others are managing when it's so treacherous ... to have had to think of getting down to mum's on very minor roads in these conditions ....

My heart goes out to you and all others struggling the extra burdens this 'cold snap' brings ........ even the 'corner shop' for fresh bread (assuming it got delivered!!!) .... can be a no-no for anyone with limited mobility or for anyone who cannot leave their 'loved one' ... oh, and the 'stir-crazy' element .......

Perhaps others will be along with 'tips' on how they are coping?

Love, Karen, x

(And thanks, a good reminder too to check on my elderly neighbour)......

katieberesford

May 5, 2005
south wales
Such kindness

Took David a walk to our local shop - snow still too bad to drive. Enjoyed the walk there but David really struggled coming back (up hill!!!) and was almost stumbling horizontal, wished I hadn't bothered. When we eventually arrived home our neighbour (a police officer) had cleared the snow from our steps and path and had spread salt, sand and grit over them - how kind is that:) She said we were probably getting snow again tomorrow and would keep an eye on us. Couldn't thank her enough and felt so tearful at her kindness. Just the little things eh.

Katie xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts