good news (at last)

Tarika

Jul 26, 2008
Hello everybody
I haven't posted for a while but read your posts most days. My mother was admitted to a NH on emergency placement in July. It was so traumatic especially for me to admit that I couldn't cope and meet her needs. I actually thought that if she stayed with me any longer she would have stoppped eating and drinking completely.
The situation was complicated and her partner ( 20 yrs younger- mum is 89) would not accept that she needed nursing care.
However, 7 months down the road and 3 strokes later, mum has been awarded Continuing Health Care ( on Wednesday).
It's such a relief- I know how hard some of you have fought for your loved ones to receive this. Granted her needs are quite severe, but I really didn't think she'd get it.
Mum has settled to some extent in the NH. The staff are so caring and she has physically improved no end. She is much calmer now - we moved her into a room just off the lounge and 2 doors down from the nursing station. This meant she didn't need to be in the main lounge.This has really helped her to settle.
I wanted to post this in some ways as a reaffirmation that even when things seem hopeless (and they have for a long while) that there is still a light of hope.
I know that this is the next stage in our journey. There are lots of financial things to sort out and I will no doubt be asking for advice.
I just want to say how much TP has helped me to get to this point. Without your experience and love I cannot imagine how we would have reached this point.
With Love
Tarika

rhallacroz

Sep 24, 2007
merseyside
HI Tarik
I am so pleased for you. This should of course be the norm with this condition. It is never ever going to improve and the sooner this govt realize that and fund these people properly the better
Well done I am sure it has not been easy.
Glad that your mum is settled too.
Angela

Annoula

Dec 4, 2008
Greece
this is really good news.
it really feels so good when someone gets some comfort. it's like i myself get that comfort...
:)

keep the spirits high!!

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Mum has settled to some extent in the NH. The staff are so caring and she has physically improved no end. She is much calmer now - we moved her into a room just off the lounge and 2 doors down from the nursing station. This meant she didn't need to be in the main lounge.This has really helped her to settle.

Now that is good new to read, am so pleased for your mother and yourself , you got there at the end . Thank - you for sharing your update xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karen.geddes@thethinblack