My wife's care package

zebb37

Aug 12, 2007
salisbury
Report this post
Edit post
Wilts county council - having lost many millions in the Iceland debacle - are trying to save money. They want to re-classify my wife's alzheimers as (due to her young age, 53) as something close to curable (censored)

We only have care for 3 hours per day (between 2 & 5) the rest is up to me and she can't be left alone for more than 20 mins.

I use this time to go shopping, pay bills and sometimes have a short social life.

I am beside myself with anger and fear for both of us.

I want to keep her with me as long as possible but if they go ahead with their threats I will have to tell them to put her in a home as I will walk away - i can not go back to 24 hour care again.

All this was supposed to leading me back to a place where I can work again. I'm only 44 ffs!

Any suggestions?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
They want to re-classify my wife's alzheimers as (due to her young age, 53) as something close to curable (censored)

Have you spoken to your wife Consultant about it, so they send them a report to the county council?

zebb37

Aug 12, 2007
salisbury
Margarita

This has come out of the blue. I have just fired off a missive to my local MP.

Wish me luck!

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Good luck - what an awful situation to be in. Your wife is so young!!
I do hope you have some success with someone!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Since when has it been up to the local authority to determine who does or does not have a "curable" illness? And even if it was curable, she's got it NOW. Who told you this because I don't think they have a leg to stand on medically or otherwise.

zebb37

Aug 12, 2007
salisbury
Since when has it been up to the local authority to determine who does or does not have a "curable" illness? And even if it was curable, she's got it NOW. Who told you this because I don't think they have a leg to stand on medically or otherwise.

can i use the word wankers?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
As a moderator, I should probably say "no you can't" but I understand the frustration.

zebb37

Aug 12, 2007
salisbury
Update

Have just spoken to an old work friend of the missus on the local paper that she used to work. have sent her copy of the message i sent our mp.

She has promised to take it up SM_banana.gif

btw, i have also told our mp