Funding refused!

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
we have got it!!

Well,after a week of lots of phone calls etc,we have got the funding for the young dementia unit for mum! Its all bitter-sweet though,now I have got to get my mum in there without me have a nervous breakdown. but at least now I don't have the funding fight on my hands!!
Thankyou all for your advice and support it helped.
Love Lisa.xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh Lisa - bittersweet but probably necessary. I'm so sorry you had to go through this: you need all your energy to get her in there but take heart that maybe the powers that be will be less inclined to try this with someone else.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Lisa, well done for getting the funding!:)

The fighting isn't over, but you've won the first battle. I hope the move isn't too difficult for you.

Love,

debrina

Sep 11, 2008
Birmingham
Hi Lisa, I am so very pleased that you have won your first battle. Now, be strong, it is heartbreaking taking anyone into a care home, especially if they cling to you when you leave. You must think of yourself here and your family. The carers will be able to look after her and keep her safe and, hopefully, happy. Just tell her you are going shopping and that you will be back later, sometimes it does work. I know it is not nice to tell 'lies', we have been through this ourselves and come to the conclusion that if it keeps her happy then it's better than upsetting her. It will be hard but keep praying, as I did, and you will come out the other side. I am going away Friday for 2 weeks, I will be thinking of you, and praying for you, and I will check for progress when I return. Be strong. Love Janet (debrina)

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
thankyou,thankyou,thankyou!

I just can't thank you all enough. We are all at different stages of this journey yet you all find the time to be so supportive to everyone else. I promise to give back all I can when I can to this wonderful site,it has been great for me.
Thankyou Janet, I will be as strong as I can,for my mum,if no-one else. I do hope you have a lovely holiday,but will miss your kind words. See, there I go again,thinking of myself,must try to stop that.
Love Lisa.xx:)

living in hope

Dec 14, 2008
yorkshire
Hi Lisa
Glad you eventually got the place you wanted for your mum, I hope if I find myself in the same position with my husband that I will have the strength you've had to get him in an appropriate place.
love
Lorraine

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
Hi lorraine.
you will find the strength for your husband,you just do. Before mum got diagnosed I would hate confrontation but when it hits you at your very core,my god you find those boxing gloves and you fight like never before. I can sit here now and say that but there have been times and am sure there will be more of them that I have just wanted to run away and bury my head in the sand but I love my mum and I know now that I will let nothing or nobody do her wrong! (even if that goes against my nature!)
Hope your husband is doing ok.
Love Lisa.xx

debrina

Sep 11, 2008
Birmingham
Hi Lisa, I arrived back from holiday early this morning, and just wondered how things are. How are you getting on with your mom and her new home? I do hope you have good news.
Janet (debrina)

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
hi janet.
good to have you home. How was your holiday? Missed you!

Well,mum is finally going into a ch on monday,am devastated! Had a bad week,Wednesday was bad,went to home to put her clothes in,I wasn't in a good place. Going again tomorrow to put tv and bit in,just really can't get my hear round it.

Anyway good to have you back.
Love me and my mum!

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Well,mum is finally going into a ch on monday,am devastated!

I can only imagine how emotional hard it’s going to be for you, but hope like I would to myself, that your stay strong, even if you cry afterward,
Wishing you both all the best for tomorrow . xx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hello Lisa

I am quite new to this site and have just caught up with all the posts on this thread and although, thank goodness, we haven't reached your stage yet I was just horrified at the way you have been treated but amazed at the wonderful support you have received from other carers. It is just wonderful to see the advice and support you have received - I am so pleased that you have finally managed to get the funding you want, although it is awful how you have had to fight so for it.

I agree that because of the age of your mother she needs to be with people more her age - my husband too has early onset, but we haven't yet got as far as you but I know it would not be suitable for him to go into a home with very elderly patients.

In case anyone reading this is interested, I recently sent off for a book written by a Lawyer called 'The Care Charge Avoidance Handbook'. It was advertised in the Mail on Sunday some time ago and I must say has quite a lot of useful hints in it - whether they work or not remains to be seen - hopefully I will have to wait a while before I find out!

Anyway, I do hope the move on Monday goes well for your mother and you - what a shame such a horrible situation had to be worsened by the treatment you received!!
Will be thinking of you both.
Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Lisa

I do hope you get through tomorrow in one piece.

Your mother looks and is so young to have this awful condition, and tomorrow will be one of the most difficult days of your life.

But you would not have got to this stage if there had been any alternative, so please try to bear that in mind to keep you strong.

Love xx

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
Thankyou all for your support,just about to go the home to put mums tv and photos in,I want her room spot on and won't leave till it is,I am struggling to keep it together but I will for my lovely mum,she does look young even for 61 which makes it all the more difficult to put her in.

Just for the record I HATE THIS ILLNESS!!!
lisa,:mad::mad::mad:

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Lisa

I am the same age as your mum and I hate the illness too and what it has done to my life!!!

Thinking of you tomorrow

Love

debrina

Sep 11, 2008
Birmingham
Be strong

Hi Lisa, I will be thinking and praying for you and your lovely mom tomorrow, be strong, keep thinking it's for the best. You CAN do it. Cry as much as you want (don't let your mom see). I know what you're going through, you are not alone. Please let us know how it goes.
God bless you both. Janet

Royalslady

Jan 29, 2009
Hi Lisa

I will be thinking of you and your Mum tomorrow. Please take heart from the fact that my Mum has settled in quite quickly. The first 2 days were a bit stressful, but today has been so much better.

All the best

Pat

roundy

Jan 1, 2009
southport
Thankyou. but am really finding it hard,is this the only option for my lovely mum.Shouldn't there be some sort of halfway house.

Been there today to finish off her room,the staff are just the nicest people I have ever met,they were so good, hope that continues.

Went straight from there to my lovely mum,who was so happy to see me,love her so much...cleaned her flat,dusted and cleaned bathrooms,mum just smiled all the way through,I was there,thats all that mattered to mum!god,how am I going to leave her tomorrow????

Anyway,just wanted to say thank god for tp.

Love Me and My Mum.xxx