A bad day just got worse!

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Took my car for MOT yesterday then noticed after I got home that they had put the wrong mileage on the certificate so had to take it back today..ok I thought will go when Vic is with his Crossroads lady...then a phone call to say she was ill and not coming so took Vic with me and just arrived home when my nephew phoned to say my beloved eldest brother collapsed and died this morning. I am devastated and of course Vic doesn't understand so no sympathy or empathy from him so can I have a hug please.

Linda x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh Linda I am so sorry about your brother. It's so hard when the person who would normally have shared your grief is unable to do so.

Take care and big hugs

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Linda........................

View attachment 4144.
I`m so sorry to hear about your brother. It`s even harder to bear if Vic can`t understand your grief. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
Love xx

Last edited:

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Linda,

That's such a shock..I fully understand about the lack of empathy and understanding from Vic....you can break your heart and it doesn't mean anything.
It's one of the loneliest feelings in the world.

Sending you a hug....and lots of love......gigi

toyou.gif

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Thank you all for your kind words I knew just where to come didn't I?

I will miss him so much he has been a wonderful support to all the family.

We were having lunch when the call came and when I told Vic he just said Oh and carried on eating his lunch. Before this awful illness this would have been so out of character as he was a very loving protective person, think that is what has upset me more.

Linda x

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
God I understand - lost our beloved dog before Christmas - yes, it can be just as bad as losing a person - the utter misery of not being able to share the burden any longer.

Sounds very American, but I share your tears - can't think of a btter way of putting it.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Linda

So sorry to read of the death of your brother.

I think one of the hardest things for those of us caring for a spouse is the loss of empathy. We have absolutely no-one to give us a cuddle when we need it.

So here's a cuddle coming your way.

Love,

Attachments

• hug 3.gif
    hug 3.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 278

living in hope

Dec 14, 2008
yorkshire
Hi Linda
So sorry about your brother, I lost my mother last year and Brian just looked at me and said "what do I do" a hug would be nice I said, he replied I'll just go to the toilet first! I hope you have someone else who can support you at this said time
love
Lorraine

jenny48

Sep 19, 2008
Dear Linda

I am truly sorry to read about your brother I shall pray for you and you family at this sad time.

Jenny

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Dear Linda

Janice and I are very sorry to hear about your sad loss. Our thoughts are with you as always.

Very Best Wishes

Janice and Ken

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa