My Husband Passed Away Last night.

Valeria

Sep 25, 2008
Staffordshire
My husband passed away last night after 3 and half years of dementia/mixed.

He had been in a wonderful care home for only 5 days, after two weeks in hospital with a supposed UTI. His weight loss was enormous, he went down to 4 stone.

I am totally beside myself with grief, I thought I had done most of my grieving in losing the man I once knew.

I know his suffering is over, but why doesn't it make me feel any better.??

You have all been so kind in the past, I thought it best I tell you.

Please take care of yourselves.

Anya x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Anya:

I am so very sorry to hear your news. It is sad enough when we lose our husbands into a Care Home, but this is devastating for you.

You are in my thoughts at this very difficult time. Please keep posting if it helps to share your feelings.

Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Anya

I'm so sorry to read that you have lost your husband.

His decline has been so quick, you really haven't had time to come ti terms with it, no wonder you are so distressed.

Do you have someone with you to talk to? I'm sure you don't feel like company, but you really need someone to take care of you just now.

Talk to us whenever you like, we're always here for you.

Love and hugs,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Anya

I`m so sorry to hear of the death of your husband. It sounds as if his passing was unexpected.
I can only offer my deepest sympathy.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Anya

I am deeply shocked and saddened to hear of the death of your dear husband Anya. It seems to have happened so quickly and you must be left reeling in a turmoil of thoughts and feelings.

Please know that we are all here for you should you need to talk:)

My sincere condolences Anya.

Love

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Dear Anya

There are so many words of pain that leap out from your post.

But there are so few words of comfort that any one of us can hope to send you.

The grief that follows the ultimate loss is the hardest grief of all to handle. That which came before can never match your grief today.

My thoughts are with you.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Anya,

I am sorry to hear of your sad loss. Deepest sympathy and caring thoughts. Love Taffy.

CYN

Jan 4, 2008
east sussex
Dear Anya.
So sorry to hear your news ,it must have been a shock for you as it was so sudden . hope you will find some comfort in time that he is now at peace. Do come and post on TP you will be amongst friends.

love Cynthia x x

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Anya,

So sorry and hope you can continue posting here for support.
I know his suffering is over, but why doesn't it make me feel any better.??
Grieving has no logic and you must be full of so many mixed emotions.
Take care and thinking of you
Craig

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you in your grief. No matter how prepared or unprepared we are, it comes as a mighty blow.

xxTinaT

Georgina N

Nov 1, 2008
Shropshire
My love to you

Dear Anya,
Received your message back, will contact you today.....what can I say except that this is the unbearable which has happened, events seemed to move at such a rapid pace. I thought that I couldn't possibly cry anymore but I have cried for you....
Thinking of you

xxx

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Dear Anya

So sorry that you have lost your husband.

The grief is unbearable, I know. I lost my husband within 2 months of this disease starting and was told he would only have a couple of weeks to a couple of months.

I dont think anyone can be prepared for the grief when they pass away.

Please try to have someone with you if possible, you will be in shock for a few weeks, maybe more. I know its hard but try to eat if you can even if its small meals a couple of times a day.

So sorry you are going through this, I hate this disease.

I cant give any advise on how to cope as everyone is different but I am thinking of you at this sad time.

Love
Janet

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC