mums coming home

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
hi mums doing great had a mri scan today no stroke good news she will be home weds cant wait they want to do a care plain for mum to help me god nose how much this cost i expect they will dig into mums money wat chance have u got not worth saving to leave behind for the grandchildern cause now they wont get it, it just not fair wats the point in making a will it dont excest now ss get most of it,oh im so angrey, cope with mum for nearly 9 years now on my own :mad:

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
hi toura
its great they want to do a care plan for your mum. since I am from australia i doont know about the cost etc...but please try not to worry to much about that...I hope it might cost nothing
other tp members will let you know
you are an absolute hero...looking after your mum for 9 years,with your husband so sick.
I am so pleased for you mum hasnt had a stroke and is coming home
best wishes
Jo

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
keep smiling

hi jo thank u mum is my life dont know wat ill do if she had a stroke its hard as it is now. but i will carry on after all mum didnt ask for this,and as for hubby his ok goes to dyalisis 3 times a week but his bad when he comes home knocks him for six oh u know wat they say no peace for the wicked :)lol.

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
Great stuff - really pleased for you both. No idea how much your Mum has stashed away, but it's just possible she may fall below the threshold - why not give the Alzheimers Society helpline a call?

Also, just a thought, but if she is really in a bad way, might it be worth trying for continuing care? Again, see what the helpine people say.

Good luck - it's a battle, but one worth fighting!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Toura

I just want to say that I am pleased for you that your mum is coming home.

Love and best wishes

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Hello Toura

Does your Mum get Attendance Allowance ? this can help enormously with care costs.

regards
Germain

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
black eye

hi jo no news went to see mum today :eek:they got mum out of bed into a chair and left her u can quess wat next yes she fell out of the chair onto floor a big bump on top of her eye black and blue under the eye nearly closed:mad: now a set back for when mum will come home they have promesed me mum will get 24/7 care now it takes a fall for mum to get this unbelivable, cant stop crying, fought they would take better care of mum, did not get a phone call about this so it was a shook to see mum today.:confused::confused:

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I am so sorry to read what has happened. Thats just awful.
Leaving her in a chair unattended when she is "at risk" for falls was a terrible thing to do.
Also, I think its dreadful that they didnt even ring you to let you know :(

My mum has had a few falls in the nursing home, the worst one (and the last one)she fell straight onto her face and had a huge black eye.
Unfortunately,Mums last fall set her back even further and she became bedridden from then on.
Mums nursing home have many procedures/plans to prevent falls but its impossible to prevent ALL falls.
Please keep us updated,
Jo

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
cant sleep

hi jo thank you for talking to me phoned the hospital at 11 o clock ask hows mum is,is there a nurse with mum no came the reply, but i was promissed there would be. cant sleep for worry my worst nightmear

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
no need to say sorry!:)
Unfortunately the hospital probably dont have enough staff to supervise your mum all the time.

I know no-one can look after her like you can, and its so hard to sleep when your so worried, BUT, given what has already happened, the staff should now be aware that your mum is at risk of falling, and take better care.
Jo

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
hi saw mum today the brusis came out o m g :eek:
she dose look a state hope this dose not set her back
am so worried for her,she did go down with a bang still cant hold
back the tears i fell so guity for putting mum there,
the shook could have killed her.my daughter took phots of mum face she thinks somethink should be done and not left i realy
dont know wat she means to do ill ask her tomorry:confused:

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
please dont feel guilty toura, easier said than done I know.
All you were trying to do was help your mum, and you shouldnt feel guilty about that. What has happened is NOT your fault.
when my mum went into a nursing home I felt soooo guilty that I couldnt take care of her myself.
I thought that if she wasnt in the nursing home she might not have fallen, but thats silly really because she could have fallen at home as well.
Dont forget, your mum wouldnt want you to feel guilty.
when I get sad about my mum, I remind myself that mum wouldnt want me to be sad.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you
Jo

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
hi 2nd fall for mum she fell out of the bed dont know how much i can take,realy breaking down now, when will they learn
mum cant be left alone,now cause of this there keeping mum in again oh i wish they let me take mum home,i see how mum goes after weekend and then ill fetch mum home weather
they like it or not, cause they r not looking after her
i know im loseing mum through alz but i wont lose mum through negalance:mad:

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
so sorry to read about your mums fall (again)
I got a phone call last night that my mum had fallen out of bed(again) no damage done because the nursing home have a matress adjacent to mums bed.
my mum although bedridden gets restless and ends up on the floor.
no harm done with the latest fall
i know im loseing mum through alz but i wont lose mum through negalance
go get her back toura, you know you need to
thinking of you
Jo

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
so sorry to read about your mums fall (again)
I got a phone call last night that my mum had fallen out of bed(again) no damage done because the nursing home have a matress adjacent to mums bed.
my mum although bedridden gets restless and ends up on the floor.
no harm done with the latest fall
i know im loseing mum through alz but i wont lose mum through negalance
go get her back toura, you know you need to
Code:
dont know how much i can take,realy breaking down now, when will they learn[/QUOTE]
now is the time when you need to stay strong for your mum, now is the time when you cant give up,I know how hard it is...
just do it, one day at a time
thinking of you
Jo

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
hi jo sorry to hear about your mum not been on for a while the stress of all wats happen to mum took its troll on me anyway pick meself up had to for mum well mum home now thank god care plan no good could have had carers in but only to wash and dress no help in getting mum down stairs which i need the most so not worth paying then for nothink ss said put mum in home dont want that so there not mush help as mum got some money behind her ill be getting a stairlift fitted so no more struglin down stairs i will keep mum upstairs in her bedroom till she back to normal and try some step with her every day as she been in hospital bed for 2 weeks just like to thank u very mush for getting me through this dont know wat i do without u love to u and your family :)

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
Well done you. A stairlift should make a huge difference - don't be shy about bargaining hard - I got mine at 60% off list price - also there are other brands than Stannah - pm me if you want the name of the guys I used.