help

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
hi have not been on for a long time since my hubby was dignosed with kidney failer had a lot of careing to do well mum has got a lot worse latley not got a clue wat stage she at but like to ask a question mum just slumps to one side all the time she wont stand up for me when i do get mum up she just falls down she got no blance at all wont walk have to push her to walk and she just shakes is this nomal plz have watch mum for eight years going down dont know wat to do plz help

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
Hi - you have GOT to get your GP on the case. I am no medic, but experienced a slightly similiar problem with my mother - in her case it righted itself, which I guess might be a hopeful sign.

For what it's worth (and remember I am in no way qualified) it could be one or more of three things:

A stroke of some sort

An infection causing weakness

A reaction to medication

Kick and holler until you get the GP round - it may be something you can do nothing about, but let's hope it may be fixable.

Good luck and keep plugging at the GP.

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
blance

hi thank u for the link have got gp to come in today to see mum after watching fiona phillips i quess mum is very sever alz

toura

Feb 5, 2008
hertfordshire
hospital

hi mums in hospital she collaps yesterday they r doing some test on her for why mum cant walk and falling to the rigght they dont think she had a stroke they said itwas the alz they told me mum is bed ridden cause she all stiff and wont buge i refussed to belive this going up there to see mum at 2 pm it broke my heart to leave her there, hope mum comes home soon thank u for lisering

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello toura

Please let us know how your mother is. I hope they can find something to help her.