APPG on Dementia announce inquiry into the skills of social care staff

Sarah Thomas

Oct 9, 2006
London
Are you a person with dementia or care for a person with dementia receiving care in a care home or in their own home?

Do you work with people with dementia in a care home or in their homes?

MPs investigating the quality and level of dementia care skills of staff working in care homes and staff supporting people in their homes are keen to hear about your experiences.

Your evidence will help inform recommendations for improving dementia care training of social care staff.

For more information visit the website or contact our Campaigns team:

T 020 7423 3585
E appg@alzheimers.org.uk

Or write to us
Alzheimer’s Society, Devon House
58 St Katharine’s Way, London E1W 1JX

We need to hear from you by 2 March 2009
Thank you

Last edited:

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sarah, thanks for posting this.

This thread sounds as if you are asking for the views of people who are employed as carers professionally. Do you also want the views of carers who are not employed to care, i.e, people who care for loved ones at home, and also those whose loved ones are in care homes but who feel that they themselves are important contributors still to the person's care and well being?

Kind regards,
Deborah

Sarah Thomas

Oct 9, 2006
London
The group needs to hear from carers

Hi Deborah

Thanks for your post- yes we definitley want to hear from carers-have ammended the wording to reflect this- I hope its not too wordy.

Kind regards

Sarah

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
This is still not clear to me Sarah.

Is the care being surveyed care by those other than unpaid relatives?

Sarah Thomas

Oct 9, 2006
London
Clarfication

Hello Grannie G

This inquiry will examine the skills and training of professional social care staff not the skills of informal carers.

The group is keen to hear people with dementia and carers about their experiences.

I hope that this clarifies the first post above.

Sarah

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I filled the form on the web site from that link , very easy to fill out. I am very glad the sociality is doing this.

Thanks

Sarah Thomas

Oct 9, 2006
London
Please keep sending MPs evidence

Hi All

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has responded so positively to this post and contacted me- really appreciate this.

The group still needs to hear from people with dementia and carers- so please continue to write and email the group.

Please also tell as many people as you can about this inquiry and encourage them to share their expereince.

many thanks

Sarah