BBC Breakfast Television.

aceblytons

Sep 2, 2007
Wigan
connie

I found your video very interesting, the love and care you
showed lionel was very touching,your love shone through.

aceblytons

Bakehouse

Dec 26, 2008
BBC Breakfast Freature

I'm really sorry , I heard about the feature at the end of the week and really wished I'd seen it . If anyone knows if it's possible to see back features PLEASE let me know.
Was it a good portrayal of the reality of life of dementia?
Natalie

puddin'ead

Jul 25, 2008
Lancs
Oh Connie, I KNEW it was you in that video just from your photo on this site. You were utterly marvellous, and as everyone has said, unfortunately it was on WAY too early, and the clips were way too short. BRAVO to you & Lionel..... and it certainly brought a lump to my throat xxx

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
Mum, Dad, Alzheimer's and Me channel 4

Connie, that was very lovely, I don't get to post much now because I'm working - have to earn the pennies! lol Steve is still mobile and walking up and down the corridor at the home but he's quiet and distant now whereas 3 weeks ago he was laughing and joking, even though I couldn't understand what he was saying. Apparently because of his rheumatoid arthritis, the home have put a painkilling patch on his arm and since then he's changed and the psychiatrist has had to change a couple of his meds. I'm hoping he will go back to the laughing but who knows.

I wanted to share with you somehtiung someone wrote on my wall on Face Book. The lady works in the office at Steve's home and we always have a chat and she wrote the message underneath which really touched me.

Hi to everyone to say hi to Frinton for me, God I miss that beach!!!!!!

Love Sue x x x

"Sue, Ive just been looking at your wall and I have to say that I do not know or have known anyone to have as much commitment to a loved one. THats whether they are with them all the time or not. Your feelings for the man that you visit are there for all to see and no-one will ever be able to say that you did not care. You are a credit to woman kind and we all love ya. Cx"

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thanks Sue for sharing your message.

Yes, beach is still as lovely as ever. A solace in times of stress.

Sorry to read about Steve - do hope meds. can be sorted out satisfactorily. Take care now, love n'hugs.