All carers read this its vital

gerrie ley

Apr 10, 2006
bradford yorkshire
Merry Christmas to all
Some people out there know me and my wife Mollie for you that dont here is a little history My wife Mollie had the devils disease alzheimers for almost eight years and I was her sole carer and I loved her very much and still do.
On the tenth of November my wife became ill and I sent for the doctor she diagnosed a urine infection it was on a Monday. At 5am Thursday the thirteenth my wife died She had colapsed in the bathroom and fell backwards hitting her head on the wash basin. The coroner said that Mollie would have been dead before she hit the floor and that hitting her head had nothing to do with her death it was the infection that caused it. I should have recognised the symptems she stopped eating and drinking as from the Monday morning and she was telling everyone she was going to die her body was running down.
The purpose of this thread is I went to our doctors this morning and we discussed Mollies death and he told me that another lady had died with same that week ie urine infection and alzheimers he said there must be a connection. This thread is meant to warn all you carers out there. The infection with alzheimers killed my wife Mollie in three days The death certificate signed by the doctor gives death as urine infection aggravated alzheimers

mumof3

Feb 6, 2006
Gerrie - I am so sad to hear of the loss of your wife. It has come over so strongly in your posts how much you loved her, fought for her and wanted the best for her.

Please take care of yourself and know that you did your absolute best.

Best wishes and condolances xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Gerrie,
Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.

I want to thank you for being so unselfish as to think of others at this devastating time for you and giving us all a warning. That is truly a very kind thing to do.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Am so sorry to read that your wife Mollie past away . Also in how Mollie pass away , what a shock it must of been to you xx

Prague09

Jul 22, 2008
essex
So sorry

So sorry to hear of your sad loss and finding the time in you grief to warn us all of the risks of infection with AD. You must not blame your self though. Prague 09

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Thanks for the warning. I know first hand how quickly kidney problems can lead to disaster. I wrote recently about my experiences with my mum. Within five days she went from being perfectly mentally alert, to imagining people and animals were around her, to complete incoherance and delerium. I'm not an expert but I do believe from this experience that UTI's are very dangerous for older people.

She had a three week hospital stay and went through a tough time but fortunately she responded to the antibiotics and is now home safe and sound although still very much 'mending' from her broken shoulder, kidney, liver, etc problems.

xxTinaT

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Thank you

Even through your pain and suffering you have warned us.
I thank you for that.X
Barb XX & Ron ZZ

beech mount

Sep 1, 2008
Manchester
Thanks also.

Am keeping an eye out for this my wife has just finished a course of antibiotics for the same,am now making sure she has cranberry juice each day.
Many thanks,John.

gerrie ley

Apr 10, 2006
bradford yorkshire
ehanks

Thank you all for your kind replies Christmas will be tough but I have a great family to support me and yes I will keep coming back and try to help others as carers need all the help they can get and I know this first hand God Bless you all and my MOLLIE