My mum has died

Dee

Mar 23, 2005
Shropshire
Dear Everyone

I have been a member of this forum for about the last 4 years since my mum really began to suffer with this terrible disease.

I just wanted to say that my lovely mum died yesterday evening about an hour after I had left her - how I wish I had stayed a bit longer - very peacefully after a really distressing last few weeks. One of the carers that has known her since she moved into the care home 3 years ago was sitting with her which I am pleased about although it should have been me.

I am pleased for her that she is at rest although so sad that she had to go through all that she did over the last few years.

I will continue to visit the website but I would like to wish you all well - you truly are inspirational and at times I have wept at the depth of emotion that I have seen on this site. We really are a "Band of Brothers" (and sisters obviously)and if anything good can be said of this dreadful disease is that it brings people together in adversity.

With love, Dee

Roma

Jan 15, 2008
UK
So sorry

Dear Dee

So sorry to hear of your loss. At least your mum is at peace now and this dreadful disease can do her no more harm.

Take care

Roma xx

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
(((((Dee))))) sending you my deepest condolences on the loss of your dear Mum. Maybe Mum didn't want to pass over in front of you and waited for you to not be there, although she would knew you would be upset, she spared you that. May she now be at peace and rest from suffering and may the special moments you shared between both of you throughout your lives live within your heart forever xxxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Dee.

My deepest sympathies for you at this sad time. There is a theory that we should give our loved ones 'freedom' to die - and this is possibly what happened for you. Once you had left your Mum felt at peace and able to let go.

I do hope you get comfort from knowing that your Mum is at peace and free from this awful illness.

Keep in touch and take care of YOU now.

Love Jan

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Dee
Saddened to hear of your loss. Mum is at peace now. May you find the strength to get through the future without her.

Much love

Julie and Ian xx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Dear Dee

Sending you love and sympathy at this difficult time. Your dear Mum is now at peace.

Linda x

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another Angel in Heaven

Dear Dee,

Sending you sincere condolences on the passing of your Mum.

May you be granted the strength to get you through the coming days.

Best wishes
Christine

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Dee

Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dee, I'm sorry for your loss

It has been reported on here many times that patients seem to 'choose' a time when their family aren't with them to slip away.
It's almost as though they wish to cause as little distress as possible.
Bye bye Dee's Mum, MBE. All is peaceful for her now.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Dee,
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I am happy for you that it was peaceful for your mother at the end. My condolences to you and your family and friends who will miss your mother.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Dee

There are no words at a time like this. You have been there for your Mum and gave her the peace that she needed. Do not regret that you weren't there. Sometimes that is a choice, to save upset and distress.

Wishing you and your family courage and peace for the coming days.

Love

Mameeskye

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Dee

I am so sorry to read of your loss Dee and want to tell you that I will be thinking of you in your bereavement. I am sure you realise that we are all here for you in your loss should you need.

Love and best wishes

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Dee

So sorry to hear your news and hope you find some comfort that mum is now free from distress. Please don't reproach yourself for anything ...

Love, Karen, x

Dee

Mar 23, 2005
Shropshire
Thank you all so much for your messages - it really means more than I can express in words.

Everyone I have been in contact with today has been so supportive and so many people have expressed love and respect for mum which is a real comfort. She was a wonderful person

With love from Dee

suec

Dec 9, 2008
Sutton, Surrey
Dear Dee

"The Carer's Prayer"

I SAID A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY
and I know God must have heard
I felt the answer in my heart
Although he spoke no word!
I didn't ask for wealth or fame
(I knew you wouldn't mind).
I asked him to send treasures
of a far more lasting kind!
I asked that he'd be near you
At the start of each new day
To grant you health and happiness
And friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small
But it was for his loving care
I prayed the most of all.

Suec

Those we have loved do not die whilst they live on in our hearts.

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Dee, I am so sorry to read about your Mum's passing but Your Mum will never leave you when she is living in your heart and thoughts xx
best wishes