Social services assessment financial causing me big stress

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
had financial assessment done were i had to fill in loads of forms send in paperwork bank statement etc took3 days to gather the info required to do forms send off in the meantime dad had emergency carer for 6 wks which has now finished without warning or notice ive had to call email agency etc ss as to what happened or going to happen was told by sw you got to pay yourself assessment came back as not eligible for funding they now sent a letter out which I cannot understand saying hes got to pay £75 pw towards hes care he’s currently got a carer sourced by and funded by hes savings @£23 ph 3 hours a week then ss carers was 4 hours a week emergency free for 6 weeks sbut i cant understand why or what this£74 means if he only had say for instance 4 hours of care @£16 a hour la rate it will come to less then that and has got savings etc under £23 grand so im quessing its beacause he’s getting disability allowance and other benefits they added together.? Can anyone or anyone know of anyone that would tell me im very confused also asking for the same forms filled in and more bank statement to do it all over again arggg

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
had financial assessment done were i had to fill in loads of forms send in paperwork bank statement etc took3 days to gather the info required to do forms send off in the meantime dad had emergency carer for 6 wks which has now finished without warning or notice ive had to call email agency etc ss as to what happened or going to happen was told by sw you got to pay yourself assessment came back as not eligible for funding they now sent a letter out which I cannot understand saying hes got to pay £75 pw towards hes care he’s currently got a carer sourced by and funded by hes savings @£23 ph 3 hours a week then ss carers was 4 hours a week emergency free for 6 weeks sbut i cant understand why or what this£74 means if he only had say for instance 4 hours of care @£16 a hour la rate it will come to less then that and has got savings etc under £23 grand so im quessing its beacause he’s getting disability allowance and other benefits they added together.? Can anyone or anyone know of anyone that would tell me im very confused also asking for the same forms filled in and more bank statement to do it all over again arggg
Hi between £14,250 and £23,250 you still have to pay for care although the LA will pay towards some of it.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Sorry you have something else not going smoothly @deepetshopboy X You don't seem to have any luck with any official departments,councils, ss etc, I bet your stressed beyond belief. (X)
SW told us that if someone has savings between two amounts (roughly 14 & 23 thousand) that they will have to pay something towards the care SS provide. She also wanted to know what benefits mum gets for our form too so that probably comes into it too but can't say for sure. I do find official letters from ss and benefits agency are often laid out in an over complicated way. I'd suggest contacting citizens advice (think can do some contact online now) or carer support agency, (its called making spaces here) or ageuk as they may be able to offer advice and explain the findings from financial assessment and how works, what to do next. I know that people say these agencies can help fill these forms in so sure they'd have an understanding of them.
Hope you get some clearer info and help for your dad soon (X)

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Thanks yes it’s causing my a lot of stress as not only do i have to find another carer or deal with the existing agency ( been calling them telling them ill pay can they send back the carer they keep saying they will ring me back they haven’t they also have to come out and do a risk assessment
Im having to fill in the exact same form ive already did and do it all over again i don’t understand the £74 a week there asking him for ? What for ? Its just more stress and mayhem its like its deliberate now im sure they want me to have a nervous breakdown as if I haven’t got enough to do !

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Hi between £14,250 and £23,250 you still have to pay for care although the LA will pay towards some of it.
Yes i know but they haven’t explained it properly id need to be a professeor to understand it im going have to call the carer uk line

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
When my husband was given a place at a day centre he had a financial assessment and was assessed as being able to contribute £74 per week. So whether he went one day a week or five days a week his contribution would be no more than £74 per week. I presume this applies to care within the home in the same way.

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
When my husband was given a place at a day centre he had a financial assessment and was assessed as being able to contribute £74 per week. So whether he went one day a week or five days a week his contribution would be no more than £74 per week. I presume this applies to care within the home in the same way.
Thank you yes that did cross my mind what it might have meant
If he had say for example 3 carers a day 5 days at daycentre then he would only pay £74 per week yet they have said that hes not eligible for funding and would have to pay £300 to have care arrangements by council just doesn’t make sense how would it especially for joe blogs not used to the assesment system how can expect people to understand all the while highly stressed out and trying to look after a pwd run ragged !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa