Attendance Allowance - Who signs?

DeBlonde

Jan 23, 2019
Hi there,
I have, at last, completed the application form for Attendance Allowance for Mum. I have POA for both health and finance so have ticked the relevant box on the form to say that I'm applying on her behalf. Mum has fluctuating capacity but has verbally agreed for me to apply on her behalf.

Do I sign both sections - declaration and consent (Mum understands that DWP will contact GP)

Any help appreciated, thank you :)

Am59

Jan 18, 2020
Hi there,
I have, at last, completed the application form for Attendance Allowance for Mum. I have POA for both health and finance so have ticked the relevant box on the form to say that I'm applying on her behalf. Mum has fluctuating capacity but has verbally agreed for me to apply on her behalf.

Do I sign both sections - declaration and consent (Mum understands that DWP will contact GP)

Any help appreciated, thank you :)

Am59

Jan 18, 2020
I would think you are able to sign both parts especially as you have LPA. I filled in all of the form for claiming AA for my husband. He was able to sign it but I think I could have signed it for him. Have you read the notes concerning each part of the form? It should tell you. Age Co will also help with filling in the forms of anyone needs help. Good luck.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
From memory I signed both sections when I completed Mum's form - I have POA for health and financial.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Mum signed, then they rang me and asked if she was ok ! No actually, so as I had poa I signed but had to send them a copy. I think it can still be done without poa you are registered as the appointee and guarantee to report all changes etc

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
I signed both parts and sent an authorised copy of my LPA (done at the job centre) with the forms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caroline124