Looks like im back to square one ss

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
recently got ss involved in trying to help me get carers etc and other help for my dad as found it very very hard as 2 months ago the situation suddenly changed for the worse and the regular carers left due to mismanagement of private carer agency no fault of my own as was having Them for 9 months trying to tick along struggling as best i could as sole carer np help hardly only adhoc from relatives then i got flu then on top of that dad started wandering at night not sleeping/all happened at once the memory clinic wouldnt give medicine so had to start to using herbel sleeping tablets i had to drop everything and move in again so I contacted memory clininc who then contacted ss i waited a month for them to reassss then got emergency cater for 6 weeks ( i was frantically ringing around in the meantime carer agencys couldn’t get any London area ) had the carer for 6 weeks i asked the sw if and what would happen after oh well we should have the financial assessment back by then no not heard nothing not heard nothing back from social worker since since apart from 1 week after new yr
Ive tried calling and rmailing to see what happens when the carer leaves on Saturday nobody getting back seems like ill be left to cope again carer leaves Saturday 6 weeks is up im just going round in circles here its going take about 4 weeks to get another carer care agency were the carer from saod o could pay privately looks like ill have to do that even now im not sure if it will work as dad doesn’t like carers in hes home so im thinking carers better to take him
Out 3 hours a couple of times a week im using a carer now tuesday to take him out but im not getting along with her she’s cheeky and bossy:(

Last edited:

AshestoAshes

Aug 10, 2019
That sounds really hard. Can you ring them every day and politely hassle them about the finencial assessment? Also what if you weren't there, would he be safe? You might have to tell them you can't do it at all to get something done.

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
That sounds really hard. Can you ring them every day and politely hassle them about the finencial assessment? Also what if you weren't there, would he be safe? You might have to tell them you can't do it at all to get something done.
Yes going have to have been trying all week calling local s services no answer
No he wouldn’t be ive had to move in hes now not able to live by himself he was wandering out at night ive had to live with him ! They know all this ! Im in inner London ive got a feeling the sw has quit n they haven’t got around to doing the assessment due to lack of staff, xmas , underfunded and to many people im caught in the middle of this diabolical nightmare

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
If they know you are living there they will leave you to get on with it. I suspect the only way anything will happen is if you move out and make it clear you have done so, that you cannot move back in, so they have total responsibility to ensure the safety of this vulnerable person. Harsh, but necessary I fear.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I think you should contact your local councillor & let them know what’s going on.
I was given this information by a very wise contributor.
Please try this tactic
X

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@deepetshopboy , sorry things are so hard. I was going to suggest contacting your local councillor and your MP. Unfortunately I also think the only way things will move on is if you decide to go home and let matters take their course. You are just as important as your dad, so look after you, even if that does mean making tough choices.

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
I think you should contact your local councillor & let them know what’s going on.
I was given this information by a very wise contributor.
Please try this tactic
X
So ive had a update after calling the agency were this carer is from they informed me that there carer is finished on Saturday ( 6 week carer via ss emergency) so i tried and finally got through to the sw she was in a hurry but has arranged to meet next Friday so basically said the financial team sent me a letter they didn't ) I haven’t received it they said due to queries over my dads amount of savings in he's isa ( hes got 18 grand in isa ) plus 3 grand in current account not over the threshold but still there saying hes not eligible for funding the sw was mumbling and in a rush so i never got into details she mentioned that he would have to pay £300 plus £15 or something to get help via paying for care ive got no idea what on earth she was talking about i said to her so it back to me looking for carers and dealing with it does this mean i dont get help from sw or ss no no she said ill still be here if you need help
Saying shes still waiting on daycentre to get back , so i said that what do i do now ? she recommend that i get back in touch with the agency and ask for the carer to remain but ill have to pay via my dads bank account that i have access to .i just think its appalling that its been left with no prior communication to me ive had to ring and ring to find out ,no letter as to why they have come to this conclusion that they wont help fund he's carer i would have thought by law they would have to give a explanation to there decision ?

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
@deepetshopboy , sorry things are so hard. I was going to suggest contacting your local councillor and your MP. Unfortunately I also think the only way things will move on is if you decide to go home and let matters take their course. You are just as important as your dad, so look after you, even if that does mean making tough choices.
Hi thanks please see my updated post below sorry not sure how to add fellow posters in to post

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
If they know you are living there they will leave you to get on with it. I suspect the only way anything will happen is if you move out and make it clear you have done so, that you cannot move back in, so they have total responsibility to ensure the safety of this vulnerable person. Harsh, but necessary I fear.
Hi thanks not sure how to add fellow posters in to my post but updated and yes your right but shouldn’t have to walk away to get some help and get proper professional input

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
So the threshold is x amount & we booked & payed for carers from Mums account.
We have just rung the financial assessment team at the county council & they do the assessments for funding. Aged mothers SW is always too busy etc, so I now deal direct with the financial assessment team.
ring the county council main switch board & ask to be put through - usually have to leave a recorded message but they do get back to you quickly

hope that helps a bit

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27