Changes in writing

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Ken
from what I understang the speech programme needs to get used to your voice,and it takes time.
I reckon Bruce could tell your more.
Norman

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Norman

Although I have bought the software for speech recognition, I am struggling with it, but I think this is because of my accent.

So at present I am still persevering with the keyboard, as it is quicker at present.

However I keep trying the software in the hope that I will achieve something before much longer.

Ken

Capycal

Jan 24, 2020
Sometimes letters are not transposed but I hit both the key I want and the one beside the one I want on the keyboard, but Occasionally I find that one that is now where near it ends up on the page. Also if using a modern mobile the predictive text can be a pain in the letter!!

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
An interesting thread. I can still use a keyboard with relative ease BUT I can no longer touchtype. I have to actually look at the keys. Sometimes I get what I call wordblindness When a word or its meaning completely elude me.. As for the written word, my hand will not always go where I want it to. For example I want to write a word such as synonmymous my hand/eye/brain coordination will gets all the downward strokes muddled and the link between an n and an m becomes a squiggle.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Capycal
just to offer a warm welcome to DTP

and to let you know and @Dunroamin know that this is a very old thread from 2009

you can see the date of the latest post on a thread by looking top left in the text box

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
yes sadly Alzheimers has reduced my capcity to always be aware of such things but thank you @Shedrech for alerting me. My comments may still be of help to someone methinks