And another thing.....

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Well, I hadn't updated this thread for a while.....but...
Things with work and my benefits rumble on, but now Mummy has become more ASBO than ever.
Not really looking for advice, just ranting.
She has tried Mermantine, doesn't seem to have helped, but they are upping the dose. Lorazepam also mentioned but they need to review her meds and do blood tests as she is on a lot of medication already.
Meanwhile, four staff are unable to manage her during personal care and are coming way with cuts and bruises as a result of her outbursts. Getting her to take medication is also an increasing problem. We don't really understand why she does this and a recent observation by the psychiatric liaison team - she was as good as gold! I think she knew something was up!
I can see the staff point of view that unless we can find a medication or way of calming her, this isn't a sustainable situation. I suspect she may have to move homes, which will be very hard. Nursing care was mentioned, but I think this isn't really a nursing issue and a psychiatric unit, or one for challenging behaviour may be a better fit. The home have really tried, it is a dementia unit but they arent resourced for this.
As she is council funded I presume their social worker would need to find something, but she didn't seem to have much of a clue when I spoke to her previously, as agitation has been an ongoing issue.
So, off to see her this afternoon and a chat with the manager......