Losing hearing aids

Baipai

Jan 19, 2020
My mother has mixed dementia and has lived in a care home for the last 12 months. She has lost 2 sets of hearing aids in this time even though the staff are as vigilant as they can be. I am therefore trying to find a type of hearing aid that is more difficult to lose/easy to find. They all seem to be so small nowadays. A number of high street brands have suggested hearing aids that can be found with an iPhone - but I dont think this will work. No one seems to make one, for example, where the two ear pieces are connected by some kind of band.
Does anyone know of a type of hearing aid that might help.

Last edited:

Baipai

Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your replies and welcome - appreciated.
Action on Hearing seems to be the best source of advice. 'Behind the ear' hearing aids seem to be the only option that could work - however I'm still trying to find a make that a lanyard can be securely attached to. A company called Connevans supplies 'hearing aid retention cords' that can be worn around the neck. I've arranged for an audiologist to visit my mum next week to check her hearing and find the best type of replacement hearing aid for her + one that I can attach the lanyard to.