should I take her OU assignments to show mum

Mydarlingdaughter

Oct 25, 2019
North East England UK
Recently found a stash of Mums Open University assignments in envelpelopes adressed to where we lived in the early 1970's. I have read one of them and learned a lot about Mum in the process. Mum was always a very private person and excavating the layers of stuff has been very emotional. I didnt realise how much she did her own art, wrote stories and now this. I was wondering if I should take the assignments in to the care home for her to look at. She enjoys old photographs but I dont think she can read now. What do others think`?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Mydarlingdaughter
how lovely for you to have found so much about your mum's life

personally, I wouldn't show her the assignments ... if she considered these to be private it may upset her to know they have been found befofe her death, or she may not be able to make anything of them, which may upset you

maybe, if you have found some of her artwork, show her one picture, or read one story, without saying it's hers, just that you like it, to see how or if she reacts .... whatever else, you'll then yourself know that you two shared her work in her lifetime