No more tears........

Stripey3

May 29, 2019
So sorry for the loss of your Mum.
The tears will come, probably when you least expect it, in the mean time be kind to yourself.

Saffronlizzy

Nov 23, 2019
Thank you lovely forum friends- your caring words and empathy have helped a lot. Mum's funeral is tomorrow. And as throughout her final years I know the family has done the best we can for her and we have planned a day of thanks and celebration of her 96 years well lived. Hope I'm able to deal with it !

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
Thoughts with you for tomorrow Saffron. Hope all goes as you'd want it to. I hated the thought of my mum's funeral (which I'd planned), but unexpectly came away from that day feeling positive in a way I couldn't have expected. I think this was mostly due to feeling that my mum was no longer going through her private hell, and me connecting with family members that I hadn't seen in ages, but we all had my mum in common.

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
Thank you lovely forum friends- your caring words and empathy have helped a lot. Mum's funeral is tomorrow. And as throughout her final years I know the family has done the best we can for her and we have planned a day of thanks and celebration of her 96 years well lived. Hope I'm able to deal with it !
I know what you are going through. I dreaded mum's service, but, altho' it was emotional and lots of tears, they were healing tears. I hope it went well for you. I know there maybe dark days and nights to follow, but it is an important stage marker. Afterwards, I felt relief, yes, but also I was glad that I had done mum proud, sure she would have loved the service and seeing so many people turn out to bid her goodbye.