It's my birthday today......

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
So many lovely birthday wishes, after my little story - thank you - it is very, very much appreciated. Indeed.

Another little story....

Yesterday we had a small family gathering, just daughter, son in law, and their two children aged 8 and 3 and my niece.

OH managed to down 2 bottles of wine, almost without us noticing ( and probably without him noticing as well)

He has an old fashioned 'fruit, flower, vegetable, game he likes to play with him in charge.

He wanted to have 10 categories for each round, and insisted. The two small people wanted to join in but didn't understand what it was all about. Neither did other adults after OH had finished explaining his very long winded version of it. Then the alcohol and dementia took over and he couldn't remember what he was supposed to be doing.

We all went along with it. The two little people amused themselves by riding around on my wheeled office chair, and eventually the afternoon came to a close.

It was enjoyable, but family gatherings are not what they used to be !!!!!

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
It's my birthday today. OH declared I was to stay out of the kitchen all day.

So, he wanted to make his own omelette for lunch.

But he did not remember how to make an omelette, what pan, what ingredients etc

So.... I stood by him, and told him step by step how to make his omelette, which took longer and was more messy than if I had made it... but the intent was there with him..... and I was pleased.
Happy birthday dear TP friend and many more. We are past that phase and into a much more dependent stage. Keep well x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan