What to say when going out

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
my ho as vascala Sri for 4 year I go out most thursdays with a friend for 4 to 5 hours . Not been for 3 week he said I can go out and he see me at 5 daughter and partner was looking after him .
I do back at 5 but at 4.30 he was shouting at people abought leaving /no one caring for him and that thay can not touch him .he was really mad my daughter is finding this really difficult to Handel as this is 3 time in a month he as gone like this and others times was only out for 2 hours shopping he has trouble seeing and walking for pass year so I no he cannot go far but how can I help Has engine got advice thank you

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
We went thru some difficult times in the past. We have not used much in the way of meds but over out 17 years of our long goodbye, we have used medication .. He was on Aricept for many years, but we quit using that about 5 years ago, he refused to take it daily any longer ( he took it for about 10 years) But when Nick becomes super anxious and overwrought his neuropsychiatrist prescribed Dipperon, Nick can have it up to 4 times in one day. On our worst day- I gave him 3 tablets in one day. But then I go for months without using the any meds. I do not want to give them to him daily (the Dipperon) as it is powerful and I feel effect him the day after taking them, but I do not hesitate if he gets over anxious or in the past aggressive.
I have been in this for the long haul, I really feel that as the disease changes him, we must adapt. But I feel the controlled and limited use of this meditation has helped us both over the years. Speak to your doctor perhaps there is a medication which you can use to get over this period of anxiety and aggressive behavior. Good luck

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi @vannesser
I do agree with having chat about medication
It's tough on your daughter who's being kind and helpful.... Might you look into having a carer or befriender stay with your husband while you go out so that your daughter isn't the one in the firing line