Fossy

Fossy

Mar 19, 2019
My husband 87 has frontal lobe Alzheimer dementia after going through various behaviours he is now struggling with sexual behaviour usually at home but will reach IT out even if we have company anything can set him off even watching a football match , I can usually deal with it quickly but I worry about Christmas visitors especially youngsters
The consultant says they can't medically give him anything just try to distract him
Any info off other members ?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Fossy

Unfortunately sexual disinhibition is fairly common with dementia. My dad went through a phase of very distressing behaviour toward a couple of women who were caring for him. We were lucky that it turned out that one of his meds was causing the problem and adjusting the dose cured the problem. It was months before we realised that the behaviour had started with an increase in Donepezil though.

The only other thing I can suggest is to keep a blanket close by.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh dear. I had this problem with OH too, although thankfully he has now stopped as his dementia has progressed. It is, unfortunately a common problem with damage to the frontal lobes. As @Bunpoots has mentioned, sometimes Donepezil can make this worse, so if he has been put on something for his Alzheimers it is worth going back to the doctor who prescribed it.

Fossy

Mar 19, 2019

Unfortunately sexual disinhibition is fairly common with dementia. My dad went through a phase of very distressing behaviour toward a couple of women who were caring for him. We were lucky that it turned out that one of his meds was causing the problem and adjusting the dose cured the problem. It was months before we realised that the behaviour had started with an increase in Donepezil though.

The only other thing I can suggest is to keep a blanket close by.

The only other thing I can suggest is to keep a blanket close by

Fossy

Mar 19, 2019
Thankyou Bunpoots blanket now in place ! No new meds so probably all part of this dreadful illness