Telephone payments for emergency lines.

Petunia59

Oct 11, 2019
Just an update and final post on this subject: 2 weeks ago, I got round to writing a letter to the phone company outlining what had happened and why this had caused me problems. I also sent a copy of the POA to the address in nitram's link. The outcome was:
  • The POA was returned to me with just a compliment slip at the end of last week.
  • They phoned Mum's number on Monday, (after I'd told them in the letter about her Alzheimer's and the anxiety this sort of thing causes her!). Luckily, it was while I was there and Mum was at her Day Centre so I was able to deal with it in peace!
  • They confirmed the POA has been recorded and all future letters/calls will come to me.
  • They'll refund the £2 paid for the duplicate bill I did not want.
  • They can't waive the charge for paper bills but will apply a discount each month instead.
  • I didn't go into the call charges but explained that all I'd wanted to do was check that there was nothing wrong with Mum's phone/alarm and that she was safe and well, (i.e. not being scammed).
  • In my letter, I also suggested that their call centre staff need more training so that customers get the correct information from the start rather than having to make numerous calls.
Today I found that Mum has received a letter from them dated 2 days after the above phone call thanking her for her letter of complaint and advising that it had been passed on to someone to deal with! This despite the letter being signed by me and with my address on and with an explanation of why I was dealing with it!!! Am I naive to expect people working in these organisations to use common sense?

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
It'll be an auto-generated letter, they just send whichever one is the closest fit for the situation - and sometimes it's not a 'fit' at all. I had an issue with a financial institution and in reply I received a couple of nonsensical auto-generated letters referring to things that didn't apply to the situation (which further enraged me of course!) They also sent some letters to my mother's address despite the POA being accepted - I received them because she no longer lived there I had a re-direct on her mail.

However I ignored all that, and despite that flurry of nonsense, I did get a call from an actual person who understood the situation and resolved it efficiently - eventually.

Petunia59

Oct 11, 2019
Sirena, I agree. These automated things may well be a great and efficient way for companies to do their business but it is always so much better when you can speak with a real human being.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonyati