So is this it...?

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Sending caring thoughts & hugs @DesperateofDevon. It is the time to just be there for your dad now, no more battling with anyone. Make sure he is comfortable that he knows how much you love him & that you have done everything you could to help him. Tell him when he is ready to go it will be ok. You will be ok.
Sorry this part of the journey brings all the emotions to the fore. It is the hardest time saying goodbye & a time you will always remember. Wishing you lots of strength & support for the days ahead xxx

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I'm so sorry to hear this @DesperateofDevon .You have done as much as you can do for your dad.You have been amazing for your dad battling with the authorities.You need to be with your dad now and just to be his daughter. Sending lots of hugs((((( hugs)))) .My thoughts are with you..X:(

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I am so sorry @DesperateofDevon It's going to be so hard for you but you did your very best with real love for your dad. He could not wish for a better daughter.

Thinking of you and sending huge hugs xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Huge ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
You are now into the last long vigil
The main thing now is to be with him and be his daughter again.
There will be many changes over the coming days and it may be messy, but these things are normal.
He will probably stop drinking at some stage as his body starts shutting down.

It is now time to say the things that need to be said to him - I love you, thank you, Im sorry
xx

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
My heart goes out to you and your family Claire, I'm sure it's a such comfort to know that your Dad's pain in being managed. That is all you can ask for as you approach the end.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you my lovely TP family

xxxx

Dads unconscious now & I have illuminated his room with Christmas tree bedecked & baubles! Dads stopped drinking yesterday, more phone calls from out of hours DRs & GP. The comfort pack was another mission- off we went to get it hours after it was prescribed! Had to battle our way across the Christmas shoppers & locate the drugs at different pharmacies! 2plus hours to travel barely 3 miles!!
if it hadn’t been torrential horizontal rain & blowing a gale it would have been quicker to walk!

only to get back & the on call district nurse to say - without seeing him !! “ he’s not in enough pain!”
Even though he can’t swallow his oromorph now! Plus they are short staffed!

thank goodness he’s to far gone to know what’s what!

I have come home to sleep, as lovely agency nurse who normally works in hospitals is in & she won’t take no for an answer - that’s for sure!

no the homes managers haven’t spoken to me, neither did the best China come out as it did for SW, no biscuits or tea for us. mind you a seat to sit on would have been nice, I got a pouffee/tut, from the residents sitting room.

Hilariously my OH squeezed himself into Dads state of the art wheelchair , wedged in didn’t describe it!

The lovely senior carer who was on floor duty today came & hugged me , offered me drinks & cried with me. She fought Dads corner to have the comfort pack applied, to no avail. Several of the residents popped in to squeeze my hand & wish dad a peaceful journey.

Strangely I’m calm & accepting now & as Dads unconscious it makes it easier.

so I’m off to get some sleep! Phones beside me , ready to dash back!

ps
Ultimate comfort food ....bubble & squeak!
With brown sauce.
xx

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Sending you strength and hugs. Glad you have one carer at least in your corner. Wishing your Dad a final peaceful and pain free journey.

buttercups

Dec 31, 2015
thank you sending big (((((((hugs ))))))) back
Onwards & upwards we go
Take care lovely
Xx
Hi desperateofdevon. Just reading your post and wondering how you got on with your poor dad?
Wondering is he still with us and did you get the home to administer regular morphine?
My mum is now entering that stage and is eating very little. Like you, I'm virtually an only child and it all falls on me, although hubby is tremendous help. Mum is in a nursing home too.
Hope you're dealing with whatever is happening/happened ok. Hugs xx

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Dear Claire, catching up with your post has bought back the bittersweet memory of being with my dad during his last hours. He was unconscious but I've always felt he knew my sister and I were with him.

We whispered sweet words that stay private between the three of us and held him before and after.
It was the saddest day ever but we were glad to share dad's last moments on this earth.

I'm shedding tears for what you are facing at this time, for my dad and for us all who have lost a part of our lives.
I wish for peace for both of you.

Just read your message @DesperateofDevon and I'm do desperately sad for you and your family, sending all my sympathy hearing that your lovely dad has passed on.

buttercups

Dec 31, 2015
Dads got his wings
Xx
Hi desperateofdevon. Just reading your post and wondering how you got on with your poor dad?
Wondering is he still with us and did you get the home to administer regular morphine?
My mum is now entering that stage and is eating very little. Like you, I'm virtually an only child and it all falls on me, although hubby is tremendous help. Mum is in a nursing home too.
Hope you're dealing with whatever is happening/happened ok. Hugs xx

buttercups

Dec 31, 2015
Sorry and glad for you. Glad because I agree its inhumane to gi on suffering, especially as this particular Nh didnt appear to get your dads comfort sorted properly. But sorry for you at the same timeto loose your obviously such loved dad.
Go and rest your body and mind now.. you deserve a rest...xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife