Barrier creams for incontinence

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Proshield is amazing. Mum came out out hospital with thrush . She is doubly incontinent . It worked wonders. Need I say more. You may need the gp to prescribe or ok it.
Thanks,I'm seeing the distict nurse tomorrow,I have a tube of pro shield barrier cream as a carer mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and so I ordered some from Amazon,then I remembered that they can't use it if it hasn't been prescribed,so it just sits in a draw

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
they said another client had her order refused for the same reason.

I've regularly had my asthma inhalers refused. I only get 30 days worth on a prescription, I work and have to balance when I can pick them up. If I order too early it is refused and then when I collect it is too late to order to get them in time. Happened so many times and then I get ill as I don't have inhalers. I'm assuming it is a budget issue.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hi thanks,the politics I'm involved with is anything that they apply as carers has to be prescribed Sudocrem is over the counter cream but they want it to have a prescribed label on it,although saying that mum has CCS footcream that isn't,if I can get anything prescribed I at least can ask them to apply it without them feeling I'm trying to get them to work outside the rules,it wasn't like this a year or so ago until they adopted the new rules firmly
That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Just another way of wasting NHS funds and making life more complicated than it has to be.