Mum in carehome

Kingsbridge

Dec 8, 2019
I'm not liking the care home my mum is in I don't like the carers they are very young and as my mum has lost her speach noone seems to bother with her they can't even get her name right so I am upset about it all

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
A belated welcome to the forum @Kingsbridge. Sorry your mum is not getting the care she needs or deserves at the care home. I have no experience of care homes, but having had to bring in outside carers at home I know how hard it can be to get consistency of good quality care.
Have you raised the matter with the manager and asked to adjust the care plan so that the carers are more aware of your mum's needs and her condition? Sorry if you have already done so and it has not helped.
You will find advice and support from others with more experience and knowledge, so keep in touch.

Kingsbridge

Dec 8, 2019
A belated welcome to the forum @Kingsbridge. Sorry your mum is not getting the care she needs or deserves at the care home. I have no experience of care homes, but having had to bring in outside carers at home I know how hard it can be to get consistency of good quality care.
Have you raised the matter with the manager and asked to adjust the care plan so that the carers are more aware of your mum's needs and her condition? Sorry if you have already done so and it has not helped.
You will find advice and support from others with more experience and knowledge, so keep in touch.
Thank y for your support spoke to manager today she says mum is doing really well no problems I just feel so guilty leaving her there x

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
I understand how you feel. It can be difficult to trust others to look after your loved one, and to see them in the care home environment. But it sounds as if things are going well from what the manager has said. As long as your mother gets help when she needs it, that is the most important thing.

shaktibhakti

Sep 5, 2016
brighton
I'm not liking the care home my mum is in I don't like the carers they are very young and as my mum has lost her speach noone seems to bother with her they can't even get her name right so I am upset about it all
my mums moved to nursing home a week ago from hospital who ressessed her re COPD and she needs oxygen, not all the time but she couldnt return to the one she was in for 13mtns that i was pleased with....the nursing home has a lot of foreign carers who are lovely but their english isnt great...mum mimicked one of them.....she dosent like it.....I would be upset too...whats the care like??? ITs the care that is really important you know.....

Kingsbridge

Dec 8, 2019
Thank u for your reply the care is ok some young carers who seem to shout a lot my mum has lost her speech so it's hard for her to get involved in the activities she cried a lot which I cry when in the car I am hoping it will get better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandaRedPanda