Getting harder

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Due to my dad stroke he got dementia having trouble remembering things and getting harder to understand. Gets agitated very quickly already had a outburst with social services.Dad got a bad leg which causes pain almost once a week either doing 111 or going to the hospital with it. His wife in a care home with dementia and there simulates between my mum early stages and my dad. No concept of time will get up at 2am then I have to get up as he loud then try to go back to sleep for work at six leaves lights and cooker on can't barely understand what he saying but said he kill himself before he goes into a care home not getting much support from my family stroke services are trying to sort out his leg but not having much luck need help or I be ill not sleeping well my self thanks again

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please see your doctor and ask for a referral for help.

Even if he had an outburst with Social Services they cannot turn their backs on him. He is their responsibility more than yours.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
I meant stroke services not social but off Friday so going to try and get things sorted as he got to go up to the hospital for a review on his leg