National elf day

29Wilkia29

Nov 12, 2019
Leeds
Just need to get this off my chest tbh. I've posted before but had to change my user id due to change of phone and password etc.
My OH is19 years older than me(62) and after 7 years of struggle(his fault and gp's) finally have a diagnosis of alzheimer's. Anyway,I'm still working 4 days a week and love my job. Asked my new boss(different shop same firm) if we could take part in national elf day. Was told yes but this soon dwindled to a no. Several poor reasons as to why. Another store same firm has gone ALL out and raised a lot of money but I'm left with literally £3.94 donations to send away and a very bitter taste in my mouth that I, the person who feels it most(as well as my OH) was not allowed to take part in raising money for a cause that gets absolutely zero backing from anywhere else. I'm mad. I'm upset. Rant over . For now

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Just need to get this off my chest tbh. I've posted before but had to change my user id due to change of phone and password etc.
My OH is19 years older than me(62) and after 7 years of struggle(his fault and gp's) finally have a diagnosis of alzheimer's. Anyway,I'm still working 4 days a week and love my job. Asked my new boss(different shop same firm) if we could take part in national elf day. Was told yes but this soon dwindled to a no. Several poor reasons as to why. Another store same firm has gone ALL out and raised a lot of money but I'm left with literally £3.94 donations to send away and a very bitter taste in my mouth that I, the person who feels it most(as well as my OH) was not allowed to take part in raising money for a cause that gets absolutely zero backing from anywhere else. I'm mad. I'm upset. Rant over . For now
Some people have no idea
Hugs x

29Wilkia29

Nov 12, 2019
Leeds
Thanks fo the hugs. Feel a bit better about it all today. Sadly statistically the boss will possibly have to deal with it at some point in his life.

andreasss86

Dec 10, 2019
Christmas Jumper Day is Save the Children, not Alzheimer Society.
It is indeed, but it's a wonderful way to help people too. If it didn't work for one cause, doesn't mean you have to stop trying. Each cause matters.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It is indeed, but it's a wonderful way to help people too. If it didn't work for one cause, doesn't mean you have to stop trying. Each cause matters.

What I meant was that the big jumpers day is an organised fundraiser for Save the Children.

andreasss86

Dec 10, 2019
What I meant was that the big jumpers day is an organised fundraiser for Save the Children.

Yes Izzy, it is. At my office we will actually hold our own fundraiser for Save the Children on the day and everyone will be able to donate. I think it's a great idea, which any company or business can do. Donations can even be done via card.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
My husband works for a big company & every year they have a charity
Last year was the Alzheimer’s society &lots of people opened up about their experiences- even strangers. It was the most successful fundraiser. keep the hope alive!

29Wilkia29

Nov 12, 2019
Leeds
Thanks for all the replys. We will be doing xmas jumper day. I will be joining in but I think that's what got my goat initially. After being told the boss doesn't like his staff dressed up it surprised me that he would allow jumper day and not elf day. Each are admirable causes but as you can imagine elf day is closer to my heart. I am however,positive that if I'm still able to work this time next year I will be met with a different reaction. Enjoy xmas jumper day. Save the children. And take care of what matters to each of you the most

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thanks for all the replys. We will be doing xmas jumper day. I will be joining in but I think that's what got my goat initially. After being told the boss doesn't like his staff dressed up it surprised me that he would allow jumper day and not elf day. Each are admirable causes but as you can imagine elf day is closer to my heart. I am however,positive that if I'm still able to work this time next year I will be met with a different reaction. Enjoy xmas jumper day. Save the children. And take care of what matters to each of you the most

picture of the jumpers please! X

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResearchGal1