Dad back from care home..Chaos has begun!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dad arrived home with just a shaver plug missing but a few extra socks.

He is very quiet and slower in his responses.
We had a chat and he said he could have stayed as he had a “nice room “ I told him you were asked but you wanted to come back. He just said it was very quiet here meaning his home.
I explained about the changes and how he was having a carer all day once a fortnight. To do his shopping At Sainsbury’s and have a coffee with the carer. I explained that mum had a fall and my Osteoarthritis was playing up and it was difficult for me to manoeuvre him about in his wheelchair. He has put on weight.
Dad came back with no blister packs so I phoned the care company to sort it out. I have handed everything over to them. The carer has been running to the surgery and then the pharmacy to get them organised.
I told dad I would be in next week as he is having visitors and out shopping tomorrow.
His reply “The chaos begins “..

I’m now travelling back home by train.:)

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dad went out to Sainsbury’s for lunch and did shopping with the carer.Im so happy not to be having to lugg out the ramp and get him into the wheelchair and then the taxi.
Apparently he had a lovely room in the home and enjoyed the respite (didn’t know how long he had been in) He appeared in good spirits but tired..
Dad had the cleaner in and she told me all this..

Isn’t it amazing when outsiders see dad in good spirits and loving the place. When all I get are the grumps and how much he wasn’t keen.I often wonder what is the truth..

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Dad went out to Sainsbury’s for lunch and did shopping with the carer.Im so happy not to be having to lugg out the ramp and get him into the wheelchair and then the taxi.
Apparently he had a lovely room in the home and enjoyed the respite (didn’t know how long he had been in) He appeared in good spirits but tired..
Dad had the cleaner in and she told me all this..

Isn’t it amazing when outsiders see dad in good spirits and loving the place. When all I get are the grumps and how much he wasn’t keen.I often wonder what is the truth..

I would go with what he told the cleaner! we are always at the not so nice end of our PWD tongues!

Take care
Xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet