Gah! Hospital in the morning

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
So this morning I was mithering about clothing, this evening we've had the doc come out because dad as deteriorated today with wheezing and suddenly won't open his eyes and isn't communicating much. All his vitals are good and there's no fever so it's weird.

Anyways, the doc has recommended we let dad sleep now and keep an eye on him and to call an ambulance in the morning. I'm really worried how dad will cope in wards with lots of scary things going on. When he was in respite they couldn't even take a blood sample because he would lash out so bad.

Is it going to be really bad?

Avis

Nov 2, 2019
You can only follow the medical advice. If you dad lashes out at staff they may sedate him but at least they will be able to run some tests then and find out if there is anything amiss internally. Will be praying for him to have a good night and be cooperative so that you too can have some piece of mind.

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Thank you everyone. We're just waiting on the ambulance now. He seemed to rally a bit this morning, woke up, opened his eyes, gave us a bit of feistiness during personal care (we actually cheered, we were so happy to see him have a bit of energy). We thought maybe we could just get the docs out as perhaps he'd turned a corner. But now he's fallen back asleep and won't really open his eyes again so we've decided to just call 999. So stressful trying to work out what's for best!

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Paramedics were just here and they thought it would be best to keep dad at home and send a team from the hospital here! They thought on balance it would be less distressing for him because the doc from the hospital can do blood tests at home.

So relieved.

And can I just say how much I love the NHS?

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @Kay111 that will certainly save both your Dad and you a lot of stress. Hospital as I'm sure you know only too well can cause (understandably) increased confusion. Sounds like a very sensible approach. All the best

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Thanks @Pete1 ! They said the doc might still decide he has to go in but at least he can do some tests first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar