Cupcake Day 2020: calling all bakers!

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi all,

Would you like to share your baking story to help promote next year's Cupcake Day? If so, we've had the below request from Ellen in our Media team.

Please email ellen.booth@alzheimers.org.uk if you'd like to help, or let me know if you have any questions and I can pass them on.

Thanks everyone :)

Hi everyone,

I work in the news team at Alzheimer’s Society and I am in the process of putting together stories we hope will feature in magazines coming out in spring to help publicise Cupcake Day in June 2020.

I’ll be approaching magazines like Woman and Home, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire, Red and Prima etc as well as some national newspapers.

I’m looking for people with dementia and/or their family who enjoy baking together or baked for a living previously to do some media work with Alzheimer’s Society to promote Cupcake Day.

Perhaps you have a favourite family recipe, fond memories of baking with family growing up, or would enjoy coming together through baking as a family in support of Cupcake Day.

I’d love to hear from you, whatever your baking story, but I’d particularly be interested in any stories about grandchildren who bake with their grandparent who has dementia, or from anyone who has dementia themselves or in their family who got involved in Cupcake Day 2019.

Anyone involved would have to be happy to be photographed and filmed, and be comfortable telling their story to the media.

If this sounds like you, or your family, please do get in touch by emailing ellen.booth@alzheimers.org.uk

I’d love to have a quick chat before 20th December, but most of your involvement would happen in the New Year, aiming for publication in May.

Huge thanks,

Ellen Booth

Cupcake Day.jpg