Bit of Good News for Once!

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Apologies for my moans and groans the last week or so been feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything recently. Anyway the Social Worker came around today and we will have carers coming in for the mornings to help and also the MIL has agreed to going to day care once a week (dementia day care) - she will be picked up and dropped back that way she can't back out. They hope to sort out the carers this side of Christmas but if not at least I know something is being put in place and can cope better. He will review things at the end of January to see how its going but with it being a small island, I know I can get hold of him via the Carers support group if needs be. She did her best hosting but got confused with the respite care and the day care and said she did not want to go unless she could take the cat! Anyway she will probably have forgotten by tomorrow but I am feeling a little more optimistic - just need to tackle the invisible coming over but that will only be 48 hours so I can cope with that, hopefully!

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
no worries at all. we all are in a position that it could just as easily be one of use 'moaning' if it is actually a moan. it's more letting off the pressure valve a coping mechanism.
its great news you have now things in motion for some support in the new year. i hope it helps settle things for you.

Champers

Jan 3, 2019
So pleased to hear this, Donkeyshere. I’ve been following all your posts and assure you, you’re not moaning, you’re letting off steam and after all you’re going through, you have every right to! ;)
Keep posting. We want to know how you’re getting on. Xx

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
Glad to hear something is going in the right direction for you......hope MiL settles quickly with the changes :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75