Christmas time is here by golly

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
As my Dad's favourite Tom Lehrer used to sing. Christmas was a non-event for us last year. I just did not bother making anything of it as the year before it seemed to have made my wife more unsettled and confused. We can't avoid it this year as the halls have been decked with holly and much more besides in her care home. There is a lovely big tree in the resident's lounge, a smaller one in the entrance and more trees on the upper floor. I don't think that my wife has really noticed, although she told me that there were seven of 'those' (fake candles) when I was there today. Maybe she'll get into the swing of it at next week's pantomime (Oliver). I can't fault the staff's efforts at making it a joyous and festive season for the residents. As for me, seeing it is nearly Christmas and with a nod to Leonard Cohen, "I will place my paper hat on my concussion and dance".

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I had to respond to anyone who quoted Tom Lehrer, he was a top song writer. My OH is actually th opposite in her enthusiasm for Christmas, it's her inability to get out and buy presents and her daughter's bad habit of buying her useless presents while rejecting anything we give her that confuses and muddles C.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
And I am going to swap that ridiculous paper hat for something really festive, a red one trimmed with fake fur and covered with something flashy and sparkling! And I might add an elastic strap to make sure it stays on all day.

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
My husband thinks I’m the wicked witch of the west so a witches hat for me, plus a bit of glitter just to show some Christmas spirit and Dance me to the End of Love - please xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger