Dad gone missing on underground

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Oh my lovely, I lovely I do feel for you, ((((hugs))))
I can deal with most things but something like this must be awful to deal with and beyond imagination.

I hope you have had some good news by now. Pleade keep up us updated.

NIKNOK

Aug 27, 2018
My heart goes out to you, and I’ve said a prayer to St Anthony for his safe return.

Sending strength and love.

My own dad went missing twice which involved many many Police looking for him. In both instances he was found after compassionate phone calls from the general public, so let’s hope somebody sees him and has the foresight to realise that he needs help.

Take care and please share any news.

suprrr_k

Nov 29, 2019
6am now nearly 7 and have not slept all night. I am only 19, a lot has been happening recently and this is just adding fuel to the fire. So exhausted but can't sleep without having a panic attack, hoping my anxiety will just knock me out. (´ . .̫ . `)

Thank you for all your prayers and kind words

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hope there is good news soon. I guess London police were a bit stretched last night. Hopefully with some lines running 24 hours he is still in the network keeping warm and sheltered.

suprrr_k

Nov 29, 2019
Great news, my dad was found in Addlestone and had apparently gone into someone's house for warmth somehow. However they thought it was a burglary and called the police. All is okay now thank you so much for your support ♥️♥️♥️ much love and take care everyone

How he got to Addlestone I have no clue, London to Surrey is a LONG journey and there should have been ticket guards on the trains.
Just glad he's ok, going to pick him up now

NIKNOK

Aug 27, 2018
Great news, my dad was found in Addlestone and had apparently gone into someone's house for warmth somehow. However they thought it was a burglary and called the police. All is okay now thank you so much for your support ♥️♥️♥️ much love and take care everyone

How he got to Addlestone I have no clue, London to Surrey is a LONG journey and there should have been ticket guards on the trains.

Oh I’m so so pleased for you ❤️ Enjoy being reunited.

We had to purchase a tracker for dad which was a safety net for us - we purchased from Unforgettable. I’m sure at the right time you might want to take a look.

I hope your dad is safe now and well. Xx

Taje care

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank goodness your dad is safe @suprrr_k

My husband had walked through the very busy City of Manchester, over 3 miles , to one of our previous homes.

When he arrived he didn`t know what to do.

Luckily a police car pulled up and asked if he needed any help. He gave them his wallet and the police were able to find his contact details and bring him back.

leslyz

Oct 24, 2015

Just read your posts - what a nightmare you've had, so relieved he's been found. I hope all is well now and you can get some rest. You must be physically and emotionally exhausted. Sending virtual hugs.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Glad to hear that he has been found. My wife's Dad went missing from hospital twice in one day but both times walked to his home 5 miles away to the astonishment of his wife. That was over 30 years ago. A few years later my Mother was found walking after dark on the main A189 road in Northumberland, on her way to her childhood home.

Then last year, on Christmas Eve, my wife went missing in Newcastle City Centre. It can happen so quickly. She was found after 3 hours in M&S asking for me. Having a recent photo the police could share electronically made a big difference so I was hopeful for you when I heard that you had given the police a photo of your father. I have kept a photo of her on my phone ever since.

You'll never know how he did it but that doesn't matter so long as he is safe.

Last edited:

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Excellent news.

Does your dad always carry something with him that you could attatch a tracker to? My OH wouldn't go anywhere without his phone so I had an app installed on that.
Hopefully his getting lost is a one off but have you heard of the Herbert protocol? It's information the police hold on file for vulerable people who are at risk of getting lost.

suprrr_k

Nov 29, 2019
We will be investing in a GPS tracker that accepts SIM since he doesn't use his phone. When we collected him he was very confused and didn't even understand where we lived, he was also shaking but seemed pretty calm. My stepmom was in tears when she saw him. I will have a look at the Herbert protocol. Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words.

myss

Jan 14, 2018
We will be investing in a GPS tracker that accepts SIM since he doesn't use his phone. When we collected him he was very confused and didn't even understand where we lived, he was also shaking but seemed pretty calm. My stepmom was in tears when she saw him. I will have a look at the Herbert protocol. Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words.
Oh@suprr_k I'm just catching up on this thread since my last post.Thank goodness he was found, I'm so pleased that you and your stepmom can put aside those worries for now and embrace the relief of finding him safe.

I can recall looking into the Herbert Protocol too about 2 years ago as I had hoped for the police to have a note on their system just in case my dad went wandering again. The impression I got was that it's a form with the vulnerable person's details to give police at the time of missing report. I was told at the time of the report of a missing person, a 'Merlin report' is made on the police's system with their details on it but not pictures. It might be different with your local police force, so please still make your queries about it.

We also bought a GPS tracker as dad always took certain items with him when going out and it was easy to attach it to them. It proved to be invaluable as there were a couple times that wouldn't have found him without it. However, as the dementia progressed, dad stopped taking those items with him and it was time to look for other solutions. Hope this helps.