How can you juggle your own life and deal with a dementia sufferer

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
I share a house with my uncle and my Mother. I never always got on with my uncle. I got into rows and he was a bully to me a lot. I noticed he wasn't right for the past 4 years. He become very aggressive making my life hell. I suffered from stress and been feeling frightened at times. He has been shouting and being aggressive everyday. He sometimes getting upset and is crying.Today I took him to the doctors and now I have to accompany him to further appointments. I am considering moving out and getting my own apartment. I feel I should be getting on with my own life. I just want my own life back on track. He hasn't been dignosed yet. I am new to dealing with this.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I share a house with my uncle and my Mother. I never always got on with my uncle. I got into rows and he was a bully to me a lot. I noticed he wasn't right for the past 4 years. He become very aggressive making my life hell. I suffered from stress and been feeling frightened at times. He has been shouting and being aggressive everyday. He sometimes getting upset and is crying.Today I took him to the doctors and now I have to accompany him to further appointments. I am considering moving out and getting my own apartment. I feel I should be getting on with my own life. I just want my own life back on track. He hasn't been dignosed yet. I am new to dealing with this.
It is very difficult. It is a bit like being on a boat listing to the side.
I would take a chance and go out on your own whilst you can.
Once you are caring for a PWD it is very easy to get caught up in their appointments,moods etc.
Their life becomes yours and is not so easy to have yours..
Good luck.