Infections affecting emotions.

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
My partner has had Vas.Dem. for nearly 4 years.He has been suffering with urine infections for the past 8 weeks. Finally cleared & now he is crying all the time. I thought it was just when I went shopping but it's even when I am here.Does anyone know if it's just a phase or will I need to take him to a doctor? He is sundowning as well & has started to take all his night clothes& incontinence pad off in the middle of the night

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
My partner has had Vas.Dem. for nearly 4 years.He has been suffering with urine infections for the past 8 weeks. Finally cleared & now he is crying all the time. I thought it was just when I went shopping but it's even when I am here.Does anyone know if it's just a phase or will I need to take him to a doctor? He is sundowning as well & has started to take all his night clothes& incontinence pad off in the middle of the night
Hi.My dad has had VD for 3 years and goes through phases of this also.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @ebas

The emotional behaviour could be a reaction to such a long period of infections and I presume a lot of antibiotics but even so I would certainly check with your husband`s doctor.

Crying all the time is distressing to both of you and no one wants to live like this. The infections are probably weakening both physically and emotionally and if there is any treatment which will help, you have nothing to lose by seeking medical advice.

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
Thanks,If I can't get it sorted with the doctor they will certainly be worth a try

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
Took my OH to the doctors today.She prescribed 1 15mg mirtazapine at night.Does anyone know how long they take to kick in?She is sending a referral to the hospital to see a consultant.Keeping all fingers crossed

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Took my OH to the doctors today.She prescribed 1 15mg mirtazapine at night.Does anyone know how long they take to kick in?She is sending a referral to the hospital to see a consultant.Keeping all fingers crossed
Hi.It usually takes a couple of weeks to kick in. My dad is on 30mg now