A big THANK YOU

gentle giant

Apr 30, 2019
I'm feeling very lonely and isolated as my wife changes and becomes more distant by the day... Those are my overwhelming thoughts 90% of the time and i often turn to this site and read how other carers are going through the same process. I nearly always find an answer/solution to my never ending questions and it makes me feel part of a community. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody that contributes to these pages and tell you that your generosity and kindness is appreciated.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I'm feeling very lonely and isolated as my wife changes and becomes more distant by the day... Those are my overwhelming thoughts 90% of the time and i often turn to this site and read how other carers are going through the same process. I nearly always find an answer/solution to my never ending questions and it makes me feel part of a community. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody that contributes to these pages and tell you that your generosity and kindness is appreciated.

Bless you, I can’t imagine how painful it must be to go through this with your soul mate. It’s excruciating with parents!

take care lovely
X

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Glad you are on here, and joining in - and talking to us - talking does help.
Sometimes the people on here are the only ones I do get to 'talk' to in a day.

Justmary

Jul 12, 2018
West Midlands
Me too gentle giant. After a day consisting of moments of craziness, hard work and loneliness, it is so comforting to read all the posts on TP. I find I seldom need to ask any questions as they have usually already been answered. This site is full of wonderful people and I'm so grateful I found it and them.

wightdancer

Mar 15, 2017
Yep, you are not alone dude. I go for a week sometimes without talking to anyone except my wife who cannot communicate except talking jumbled up words without meaning. She can't even go to her daycare centre anymore as she undoes her seat-belt and Health and Safety forbid carrying passengers if they do that and you are not allowed to have seat-belts they can't undo......catch 22!
So yes, it is a lonely thankless miserable existence being a carer for a loved one with Dementia with diddlysquat help from anyone.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
That's the thing though. You can talk to people and explain what is happening with your PWD but because they don't live with it, they don't really get it. But everybody on TP does. Our experiences may be different but there's a connection you don't get anywhere else.

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019

What a lovely thing to say! I very much appreciate you saying so and I too am grateful to all the wonderful people who help and support people on this forum. I’ve found a wonderful friend and confidante who I can share private messages with who has been a tremendous support to me. I honestly don’t think I could manage without her. When things are difficult I drop her a private message and she picks me back up! Keep posting everyone xx

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
The kind folks on this forum can pick you up when you're down, offer suggestions when you're in the dark and share the joy when it's been a good day. It's such a close and caring community and I thank the Lord I discovered it.
It has shaped the way I feel about mum and her dementia, both in a practical sense but also with regard to my emotions and the morality and consequences of dementia.

Thank you @gentle giant for taking the time to write about why TP is important to you and I would like to add my thanks to everyone who takes note and passes comment.
We might feel as if we're being sucked under by the despair of dementia, but whether the help comes from long standing member's with so much experience to draw on or us relative newbie's at the start of the journey, we appreciate the support that comes from TP.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
It is the loneliness that hurts so much @gentle giant even when you have kind people around, because I look at him and think where has my life partner gone, I have lost him, not to death though that will surely come, but in life which he can no longer live. Quite honestly I don’t know which is worse, because my friends are gradually losing their husbands to other diseases and it’s just as painful. A shadow of him is still around, and I live alone. I do feel that it’s important to talk about death in as open a way as possible, the old bible sayings still hold true, in the midst of life we are in death. Our forefathers were wise and knew the fragility of life and I suppose that is why dementia is so fearful, life is not always fragile for them as they live on and on with this disease. This community of sufferers and carers is one of the best supportive experiences anywhere.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Talking Point saw me through the worst years of my life @gentle giant , which is one of the reasons I`m still here, to be here for others going through the same feelings of despair and isolation.

We really are the only ones who know how it is. Even though we come from all walks of life, dementia is one of the saddest bonds which brings us together.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan