Invisible BIL said thanks?

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
So for all the rubbish, solicitors letters and stress the invisible BIL has thrown at us for the last 3 years, my OH has kept him informed of how their mum has been in hospital - so today we get a text "thanks for the updates they are appreciated".

Now call me sceptical either 1) he has had a brain transplant or 2) I am not sure I trust him and he is gearing up for something, or 3) he may be genuinely grateful.....nope thought about last comment going with option 2!

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Change of tactics - yep, definitely up to something!
Keep an eye looking forward and the other looking over your shoulder for the deadly pincer movement.

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Now the interfering cousin who is visiting her brother in NZ has found out the MIL is in hospital and said (via another cousin on Facebook) that she doesn't seem to be getting our texts and could we email her if we need to. Hmmm that'll be because we have not sent any texts - yet she cannot message me on facebook herself (due to her past actions I reckon she has not got the guts). Now I wonder how she found out....oh that'll be the invisible silly me - they have a two way intercom system from London to NZ that we are not party to yet we are the carers. Sorry for the scathing sarcasm feeling a little annoyed.