A rollercoaster ride in 10 days, but we somehow have fun too

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Last Thursday C was diagnosed with a UTI which thankfully cleared over the weekend. My car started losing power, and it looked like it was fixed on Wednesday, but is still playing up. On Monday we had a great time at music memories with a bit of singing, C flirting and even me dancing. On Tuesday C had a chest problem, so the doctor sent her to the hospital for an ECG and now she is on the waiting list for a scan on her heart which he told me about as I was walking yesterday. Despite everything C still made it to her day centre, but that rather took the shine off a good walk. My friend who has enough medical problems of her own was a great support, so we consoled each other and kept walking. Then today, C had to go in for a blood test for her kidneys which should have happened 3 weeks ago, but slipping out of bed and needing to get her blood pressure checked some how meant that was missed. It was bucketing with rain, but the surgery is so close it is easier to take her in her chair than try to get her in the car. We actually had a great laugh dodging the tree felling and joking with the nurses, that she is in good spirits despite a hectic and difficult few weeks.
Sorry that's a long story with a few ups and downs, but I had to get it down and remind myself we somehow get by with humour. C's agency care enabler reminded me how lucky I am that she is so cheery and she takes it in her stride most of the time. I feel for anyone who is not so lucky.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I used to feel like that about my dad @nae sporran . Dad usually took everything in good humour and even though he drove me nuts at time trying to keep him clean and safe I know it could have been much worse.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh @nae sporran I think roller coaster describes whatever stage we’re at with this awful disease. You must be exhausted. I hope C gets some relief from UTIs etc now. You’re right a sense of humour does help!