Personal Assistant - Job Description?

RoxyMartinique

Sep 18, 2018
Hi

We are in the process of getting personal assistant help but have been told that we need to pull together a job description. Apparently the services have no examples of a job description of this type (!), so I wondered if anyone on here had had to do the same and would be willing to share? I don't know where to start at the moment!
Thanks so much in advance

RoxyMartinique

Sep 18, 2018
Hello Roxymartinique,

I think if you changed the job title to reflect the nature of the role better to PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT. You may get a better response when advertising. As 'Personal Assistant' or PA these days relates to a PA, usually the right hand person of an Executive. The person who runs the office of an executive. My daughter is a PA, and when job hunting adverts for 'Carer Assistants' would be lumped in the same category, due to the name, thus missing your target audience..

If you google Persnoal Care Assistant, you will probably find a list of duties, or a Job Description somewhere on-line. Good luck in your search.
Thank you!

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I think it very much depends on what you want the PA to do and the hours they work.

Do you want them to assist PWD cook a meal, or cook it for them?
Likewise personal care- wash & dress them, or help them wash & dress?

Do you want them to drive the PWD to appointments? Drivers licence req then?

Are they to do the cleaning? Or aid the PWD to do it themselves?

You know what you want them for, make a list of all the things you want them to do so you define what you are looking for.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
What do you want them to do and what qualifications do you want them to have. Experience with dementia? RBS check under their belt?

Also, if this makes you an employer you need to know what it means in terms of holidays, NI, sickness pay etc.

Vitesse

Oct 26, 2016
Hi

We are in the process of getting personal assistant help but have been told that we need to pull together a job description. Apparently the services have no examples of a job description of this type (!), so I wondered if anyone on here had had to do the same and would be willing to share? I don't know where to start at the moment!
Thanks so much in advance
I wouldn’t know where to start either. Our county council has a dementia support service and they have a list of potential PAs, which have been vetted by the council. Have you tried your local authority?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amyelizabeth