2nd time up at a and e

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Here we are again up at a and e waiting on bloods MIL 2nd fall in 3 weeks and other problem dont ask let's just say there's going to be a lot of cleaning up when we get home and I'm not looking forward to it! Wish me luck!

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Thx the OH called me at work in a panic well major panic tbh! I shan't go into details but it did not allay the shock when I got home. Then I went into panic mode and had to call ambulance this is the one time living on a small island was an advantage as the ambulance only took 10 mins. Sent the OH home before he stresses past boiling point!

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Thanks all - we are now back home and all tidied up - luckily she has a wet room which took the brunt. She kept saying are they taking me upstairs, then I realised she thought she was in respite care and she had a room upstairs - she did not realise it was the hospital. She will have a CT scan tomorrow just to be on the safe side, on a drip and antibiotics.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Donkeyshere, glad you've managed to tidy up and your mother in law is safe. It does sound like maybe she need more help now as that is the second incident in a short space of time. Could she go back to the respite place on a permanent basis?

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
@Donkeyshere, glad you've managed to tidy up and your mother in law is safe. It does sound like maybe she need more help now as that is the second incident in a short space of time. Could she go back to the respite place on a permanent basis?

Yes I think we may consider a little help but I'm not sure what would best placed? Will see what happens in next couple of weeks and have a think.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Yes I think we may consider a little help but I'm not sure what would best placed? Will see what happens in next couple of weeks and have a think.
I totally sympathise, Mum was in hospital for almost 5 weeks this summer; but it did lead to help. Fingers crossed ((((((((hugs))))))))
Bicarbonate of soda great for stubborn lingering smells! Also have used pet cleaner!!

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Luckily I already had the cleaner from previous time! Shes in at least till monday bit weird but not having to pop over every 5 mins rmeans I can relax with glass of wine or two!