Drama Queen....

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
OK I shouldn't laugh because in his head it's serious and real but I have to smile to myself when my partner sits down, sighs, hangs his head miserably and makes a comment such as 'I've got no-one to look after me' or 'I'm going to die soon'. There must be some good fairy then that comes along and does all the cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, shopping, paying the bills, taking him on trips, etc, etc..... And apart from the Alzheimer's he's in extremely good health so I don't think there's a chance of him dying soon!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
My partner gets like that too, White Rose. I think in her case it is just frustration with her inability to join in conversations and the other day it was forgetting her son. As a carer doing your best to give your partner some quality of life it can be a bit irritating to hear him complain that nobody is looking after him though, and a dark sense of humour does help sometimes.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
My partner gets like that too, White Rose. I think in her case it is just frustration with her inability to join in conversations and the other day it was forgetting her son. As a carer doing your best to give your partner some quality of life it can be a bit irritating to hear him complain that nobody is looking after him though, and a dark sense of humour does help sometimes.
Mine just gets down sometimes, bit moody. It is a reflex to be a bit put out that they don't appreciate what you do for them but we know they would not be saying such things if they were not ill, it's just the dementia talking!

Lladro

May 1, 2019
Hi, I have to admit that I get more that a little irritated when my wife says the same sort of thing: "I don't have anyone, I don't have any money , I'm going to die" and the best one of all - "It's all right for you". I think I need to have my sense of humour button re-booted as it seems to have stopped working! Ive never really thought of myself as a good fairy - but I suppose I must be!
Hang on, has my sense of humour booted up again...

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
Self centred are the words, it’s all about them - everything revolves how they feel, how they eat, what can they do, where can they go, get me this, that, the other.They have been spoilt and made to feel the centre of attention. I think throughout their lives it’s all been them and no one else gets a look in. Sorry but my day has been absolutely ****, as usual xx

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Self centred are the words, it’s all about them - everything revolves how they feel, how they eat, what can they do, where can they go, get me this, that, the other.They have been spoilt and made to feel the centre of attention. I think throughout their lives it’s all been them and no one else gets a look in. Sorry but my day has been absolutely ****, as usual xx
I get it! It is even worse when they have been like that all their life.Add Dementia in the mix and it is overload!

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
I just thought the self centred thing was just part of the dementia - although thinking about it my OH has certainly always had everything done for him, probably throughout his life.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Hi, I have to admit that I get more that a little irritated when my wife says the same sort of thing: "I don't have anyone, I don't have any money , I'm going to die" and the best one of all - "It's all right for you". I think I need to have my sense of humour button re-booted as it seems to have stopped working! Ive never really thought of myself as a good fairy - but I suppose I must be!
Hang on, has my sense of humour booted up again...
I get the 'I don't have any money' as well, he's obsessed with money, drives me mad constantly asking how much he has! He doesn't use the 'it's all right for you', one though, that's priceless, I'm giggling away to myself at the utter irony - sorry, you just have to laugh sometimes.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart