Do you care for someone with dementia?

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
Hi everyone,

Research in Practice for Adults (RiPfA) are conducting a piece of research about support available for carers, in partnership with Alzheimer’s Society.

They would like to find out how caring for someone with dementia has affected your life, your ability to carry on with things that you choose to do, and any support you receive to take a break from caring. The results from the survey will help inform work to improve the lives of people living with dementia and those around them.

The answers you provide are anonymous and the survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

The survey will be live until 30 November. Please note the survey is limited to England and Wales.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I completed the survey and got a message saying sorry we only want people from England and Wales!

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
@reedysue I'm sorry to hear that, thank you for letting us know. I'll raise this with the team behind the survey to get some clarification.

Amelie5a

Nov 5, 2014
Scotland
I completed the survey and got a message saying sorry we only want people from England and Wales!

The same happened to me - although I was doing it on my phone and it was only when I clicked next after answering several questions that the message came up saying I lived in the wrong country.

Give the wording of the first question, I'd assumed that when I selected something to the effect of living elsewhere I'd get a message saying that they only wanted the opinion of carers in England and Wales. But as that didn't happen, I continued.

The scope of the survey needs to be made clearer.

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
Thank you for your feedback @reedysue and @Amelie5a.

After speaking to the team behind the survey, I've now updated the beginning of this thread to confirm that the survey is unfortunately limited to England and Wales. I will pass along your feedback to the team to avoid this happening again in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa