Advice on dad

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Looking after my dad is getting harder he recovering well from his stroke but got swollen legs and can hardly walk. I'm up at 4am then work at 7 making a load of phone calls because he can't. When I get home I have to sort his medication keep the house tidy have a bath then dinner then bed and same each day's starting to worry about my health as I'm tired by mid afternoon I got stroke supporters who visit him at work but it's hard plus I got to visit mum with dementia down care home as well plus I don't drive which don't help if I tell him it's getting to hard he get upset and worries hell of a lot

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
if I tell him it's getting to hard he get upset and worries hell of a lot

Don`t tell your dad too much @jelba. Just try to make arrangements for help with his care without discussion.

If you can get carers in and ask them to let him think they are helping you, he might be more accepting.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Dad not coping well not like relying on others keep saying that if he cant see his wife he going to end it all I know he won't but since the stroke he more confused and now more agitated he had a, trust issue which has got worse now think things will only get worse in the future