Lost my Nan to Alzheimers

AG98

Nov 18, 2019
I lost my nan this September to Alzheimers and it hurts how much I miss her.

My nan was officially diagnosed about 4 years ago but lost her fight this year.

I am 21 years old and have never known life without my Nan, I was always at her house all throughout my life and spent so much time with her, she played such a huge part in my life, I am so grateful to have had all of my 21 years with her.

I helped to care for my nan when she was unwell over the years which gives me a feeling of comfort as I know I was there for her.

I feel as though everything has now hit me more now that the funeral was over a month ago, her house is gone, she is no longer there to visit in her home, it's time to adjust to life without her and the sadness of her death will just hit me randomly through out the day.

I keep having dreams about her and had one recently which felt extremely real and I believe it was a visitation dream.
Has anyone ever experience a dream like that before about someone that has passed from alzheimers/dementia?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello @AG98 and welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your Nan. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength. It will be hard for a while to come but you just need to let the grieving process take its course. It's good that you've found this forum as you will find lots of help and support here.

I don't really have experience of the kind of dreams you mention but others may. I did have a very vivid dream about my husband the night he died. Although he does now sometimes appear in my dreams they are not as vivid as the one I had that night.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @AG98 and welcome to DTP
My condolences on your loss you obviously loved your Nan very much I wonder if talking to someone would be a help at this time I’ve attached a link to CRUSE in case you think support would benefit you at this time
https://www.cruse.org.uk/