Advice re benefits

Kapow

Nov 17, 2019
Hi...I am new on here and would like some advice,mostly regarding what benefits may be available to myself and possibly my husband.He has recently been diagnosed with vascular dementia and obviously he has had to give up driving for instance and I don't drive.Thanks in advance.

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
Hi Kapow I have recently seen a very clear easy to read guide on 'later life care' on which.co.uk The claim form for attendance allowance (for your husband)is very lengthy but your local age concern should be able to help you fill it in and advise re other benefits and local support.
Once your husband has attendance allowance you may be able to claim carers allowance depending on your age and financial circumstances
Good luck

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Start with organising Power of Attorney for Finance and Health and Welfare. Register immediately. If money is tight you can download the forms and do it yourself instead of using a solicitor.

Apply for Attendance Allowance and once you have it you can get reduced council tax - none at all for husband and 75% for you. You can apply for Carers Allowance.