Online Campaign to increase Carers Allowance

dasntn

May 21, 2014
North Devon
It's now up to 66,000 signatures! Amazing!! Thanks again for signing and sharing.

I have found that very few people who aren't carers realise just how small the carers allowance is, and when they do find out, they are appalled!

Soroptimist

Jun 10, 2018
But why isn't it hitting the right note? The TV programs, the petitions, the constant reportage... yet they choose to ignore us until we make our voices heard. We HAVE made our voices heard, they choose to keep it quiet and us in the dark for as long as they possibly can and why wouldn't they - much cheaper for the government. It all disgusts me :(
@Cazzita I don't know why they can ignore it - but it feels to me like it hasn't reached a tipping point yet - that moment when something becomes too big to be ignored. We need to keep plugging MPs and campaigning, but maybe we need more too. Direct action maybe?? Like fathers4justice, or extinction rebellion....

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
Are you entitled to carers
I'm thinking at least £750 per week. That's what care homes charge and I bet each of you does at least as much as they do.

Actually someone caring for PWD in their own homes are working 24/7. If someone was working those hours in a care home they would say it was illegal but we are expected to it! I don’t even get carers allowance, it’s beyond disgusting!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
The council tax that I pay is the best part of 1 weeks payment of carers allowance,and yes the hours are long,maybe it's a good job that I haven't got the time to leave the house to spend the money that I haven't got.

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
@Cazzita I don't know why they can ignore it - but it feels to me like it hasn't reached a tipping point yet - that moment when something becomes too big to be ignored. We need to keep plugging MPs and campaigning, but maybe we need more too. Direct action maybe?? Like fathers4justice, or extinction rebellion....

Yes, let's we do need a rebellion but with PWDs to look after, that would be hard. We need to think of something original :)

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Are you entitled to carers

Actually someone caring for PWD in their own homes are working 24/7. If someone was working those hours in a care home they would say it was illegal but we are expected to it! I don’t even get carers allowance, it’s beyond disgusting!
I feel your pain and anger, it is SO disgusting that they can treat carers like this. A damn disgrace and I hate the political parties for ignoring us :(

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
The council tax that I pay is the best part of 1 weeks payment of carers allowance,and yes the hours are long,maybe it's a good job that I haven't got the time to leave the house to spend the money that I haven't got.
This makes me want to cry :( It's all so unfair x

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
It's now up to 66,000 signatures! Amazing!! Thanks again for signing and sharing.

I have found that very few people who aren't carers realise just how small the carers allowance is, and when they do find out, they are appalled!

Yes, no wonder they are appalled and one fine day it may happen to them too. Fantastic response!

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
This petition is losing pace! We all need to rally are friends & family! If there’s anyone you can think of get them to sign it! Don’t think someone else is doing it for you please be active! Without the necessary 100,000 signatures it will never see the light of day and nothing will change! How about adding the link to every message you respond too?

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa

A long with that a lot of people that aren't carers haven't got a clue how stressful and tiring it can be,I have a friend that visits my home to see me and mum that I look after and he laughed and said"You've got a really hard life here haven't you"insinuating that, I had it easy and all that I had to do was sit with my mum and watch tv,as that's what we did when he visisted in that snap shot of time.
I know he wouldn't last a week doing what I do,he lives alone and is self absorbed and hasn't ever had to consider anyone else,I had to bite my tongue when he said that.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
@witts1973 I bumped into a girl I used to work with and she said 'How lovely it must be to get paid to look after your dad instead of having to go to work' She doesn't know how lucky she was not to walk away with a black eye and a fat lip.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@witts1973 I bumped into a girl I used to work with and she said 'How lovely it must be to get paid to look after your dad instead of having to go to work' She doesn't know how lucky she was not to walk away with a black eye and a fat lip.
Paid ....
what a joke...
slave labour if the carers allowances are anything to go by!
I’m spitting for you!!!

xx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Signed - thanks @dasnt for doing this. Did you hear Andrew Dilnot on Today on Radio 4 just now? He said that people affected with dementia need to make their voices heard. Clearly the campaigning done already isn't hitting the right note. We need to get this out there far and wide, and get Government to change...
Spoke to Anne Marie Morris on my doorstep who is doing a parliamentary paper onDementia - suggest emailing her with our experiences. Politics aside something has to change & quickly!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa

That about sums it up,some people think it's one big jolly and they must think I'm loaded as I'm not seen out and about spending money,they don't realise that you still have to pay your own way on very limited resources,I'm scared to look at my bank balance and only do so when each home care bill has to be paid as I have to log on to my account to get to mums money

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
That about sums it up,some people think it's one big jolly and they must think I'm loaded as I'm not seen out and about spending money,they don't realise that you still have to pay your own way on very limited resources,I'm scared to look at my bank balance and only do so when each home care bill has to be paid as I have to log on to my account to get to mums money

Oh yes I know all abut that. 24/7 with dad and that is 38 p an hour carers allowance and if I get a couple of days off it's not a lot more but hey ho I don't need to buy things like new clothes because I am not going anywhere to wear them. Flashy holidays, I really don't have the time.