Lost weekends

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
I used to really look forward to weekends. Friday night G&T to celebrate the end of the the week - doing stuff together on Saturday and Sunday, cooking something nice or a takeaway and a movie (if we weren’t out), on Saturday night - with a bottle of wine. Dreading Monday.

Now I dread weekends - they really drag. We almost never see anyone and I feel I won’t speak to another sensible person until Monday. No more takeaways, only I drink the wine - watching endless repeat detective drama repeats on ITV3.

Its SO BORING. Time for another G&T perhaps!

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
I agree weekends are worst. Although retired, so theoretically each day is the same, you feel the weekend should be better, but it's not, and my adult children are busy with their families and less likely to ring at weekend too, unless they want something. It's much worse at this grim time of year too,

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Yep I am the same. Sundays are the worst, there is nothing on the news even. No political discussions to wind me up. It's bloomin boring.

I am tempted to go to church for a sing song but what would I do with dad. Christmas is going to kill me.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I was thinking this myself today and especially because it’s just another day to him, demanding cups of tea he doesn’t drink and not eating spontaneously. I did put him to bed with a cup of tea and went to have tea with a widowed friend, very irritated today.

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Yep I am the same. Sundays are the worst, there is nothing on the news even. No political discussions to wind me up. It's bloomin boring.

I am tempted to go to church for a sing song but what would I do with dad. Christmas is going to kill me.
Are you on Twitter? If not and you enjoy politics I strongly recommend. You can sign up with a non de plume if you wish.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Are you on Twitter? If not and you enjoy politics I strongly recommend. You can sign up with a non de plume if you wish.

No I am not but I might have a look. I think I have become obsessed with politics lately because I have nothing better to do and get quite involved with it all.

Question time has become my highlight of the week. I never used to be like this.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Signs of maturity-
- radio 2 plays racy music:confused:
- question time is a weekly must watch:)
- you saw the repeats on tv the first time around! :eek:

- you can remember when supermarkets did BOGOF deals ;)

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
No I am not but I might have a look. I think I have become obsessed with politics lately because I have nothing better to do and get quite involved with it all.

Question time has become my highlight of the week. I never used to be like this.
Try LBC I keep it on most of the day. I am listening as I type,

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
Yes, it can be very lonely living with someone who does not engage with you. My husband was always a quiet person, who liked his own hobbies and activities. Some things we did together, ie sailing and the children, camping and hiking. But he built a car and he was always happy to work in the garden or repair the roof or some activity completely on his own. We were a working partnership....but I was the social director (and I wasmore interested in music and art than he was). I have just kept up my activites. But with his long journey with Alzheimers....the social life has changed. And we really only have a handful of friends, but they are good friends.
Now sometimes I am lonely, but I also really appreciate his daycare time when I often am just in my house alone.....and I really like that. Not having to worry if he is off getting into something elsewhere in the house.

I hope you find some acceptance and perhaps some time to reach out to your old friends.