Mom is in hospital again

Icandothis

Sep 10, 2019
Today mom has been admitted to hospital this is the 6th time this year Last one being just 4 weeks ago.She is dehydrated yet again,she has carers 4 times daily now and I just am not sure how to progress with her care.She refuses to eat and drink and can't be forced obviously she is hallucinating talking to dead people forgetting who I am expose her self.. God it is just so difficult I am off work with the stress of it all any advise would be welcome.

myss

Jan 14, 2018
Hi @Icandothis. I wish I could offer advise but all I do is give sympathy and a little empathy. as, aside from the hospital admittances, my dad is somewhat the same with the care, dehydration, and even exposing himself... well taking off all his clothes and incontinence pant.... and he doesn't always refuse his food.

All my family and I can do - in 'progressing' his care - is to continue as we do and keep caring for him in the way we have done and to try to keep going as we have as he is getting the best care and food, it's just the pwd that is reacting differently. All the best.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27